Pot

It was a usual day at Family Video. Steve leaned against the counter, attempting at what Robin thought was a very bad effort to hit on a group of girls. The short haired male finally gave up, checking the movies out for the group as they giggled walking out.

"This is useless I'm never going find a girlfriend at this rate."

Robin gave a small smile and patted Steve on the back.
"Well maybe you should find a boyfriend"
She whispered the last part, just to be sure whoever else was in the shop wouldn't hear.

Steve sighed and rolled his eyes. A boyfriend? In this day and age? It's suicide. He's seen what people do to people like him and Robin. His best bet is to find a nice girl, settle down, have a kid or two, pay car payments and live happily. If he was to fall in love with a guy that would be thrown out the window. He would have to live in fear. He rather not do that.

"I don't think so, plus this town is crawling with raging homophobes, I don't want my teeth kicked in. I really like my teeth."
He shot Robin a cheesy fake smile before the freckled girl flicked his forehead.

"Oh what the hell Robin!! It's true!!"

"Well sorry!! We just have to deal with it!!"

As the two bickered a tall figure walked through the door. A man, he skimmed through the movies, his fingers trailing against each. The long haired male walked up to counter and knocked. He spoke.

"What do we have to deal with?"

The pair stoped arguing and looked over. They could recognize the sound of those rings clink anywhere.
Robin jumped over the counter and hugged him tightly.

"Eddie! Oh my God it's so good to see you!!"

Eddie chuckled and hugged her back.
"It's been like two days."

"Yeah and I've been having to deal with mister paint brush hair here!"

Steve scoffed and leaned against the counter again.
"You're not much fun either Velma."

Ever since the encounter with Vecna and the Upside Down they dubbed themselves the Mystery Gang. Robin was obviously Velma, Nancy was Daphne, Eddie was Shaggy and Steve was Fred. And for some the names stuck.

The darker dressed man let go of Robin. Leaning over to be face to face with Steve.
"Well I have something to cheer the both of you up! For the lovely Robin, I present.....Nancy!!"

Nancy jumped out from behind some movies and ran to hug Robin.
"Robin I've missed you so so much!!"
The pair of girls hugged. Foreheads connected as they started walking somewhere more private.

Steve was happy for Robin. Sure it was hard seeing his best friend and ex-girlfriend together but at least they were happy.

Eddie rubbed the back of his own neck and mouthed a 'Sorry' to the taller male.

"Well that was a bit harsh on you I suppose? But boy do I have a treat for the great Steve, The Hair, Harrington!!"

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a baggie of joints. He slid them over and smiled. Resting his head in his hands.

"What is this? You just want me to get high so I don't feel bad for myself?"

"No Harrington, I want us to get high, I'm inviting you over! We can hang out, grab some food, watch a movie, maybe kiss.."

The long haired male playfully puckered his lips and leaned in. Being stopped by a hand. Steve's hand.
"Fat chance Munson. But I'll take you up on the rest."

"Awh, you don't want a kissy kiss Stevie."
Eddie did a fake frown which turned into a smile then a laugh.
"You have a deal King Steve! See you aaattt-"
He checked the time. It was 2:55.
"Actually your shift ends at 3:15 right? I'll just pick out some movies and keep you company!"