Chapter 162 - Alex's Spontaneous Plan

Start from the beginning

"What the...." Kara says confused, knowing that usually they get alerts about people coming up their private elevator.

Lena quickly turns and looks at her phone on the coffee table in their living room, and that is when she sees that she did get an alert, they just completely missed it.

"Crap. I guess Eliza and Alura are back early." Lena says.

Kara grows a big pout on her face upon hearing Lena say that. Lena notices and chuckles, before taking Kara in for a tender kiss.

"Don't worry, darling. Eliza is still going to be here for a few more days. We'll have plenty of time to continue this." Lena says.

Kara and Lena then kiss for a few moments, and once more they are interrupted by a knock at their penthouse door.

"Guys, put some clothes on and answer the door!" Alex calls out.

"Alex?" Lena and Kara say to each other, confused.

Kara then quickly uses her superspeed to dress both herself and Lena, knowing that she can't open the door naked, unless she really wants to mortify her sister. After this, with Lena still recovering from the jarring moment of being speed dressed by Kara, Kara goes to the front door and opens it to her sister.

"Hey Alex..... we weren't expecting you." Kara says.

Alex walks inside the penthouse, with a nervous look on her face.

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" Alex asks.

"Yes." Kara says.

"No." Lena says at the same time.

Alex looks between Kara and Lena for a few moments, before finally growing a slightly disgusted look on her face, clearly figuring out what the fiancés were doing.

"Gross." Alex says.

"Alright, why are you here then Alex?" Kara asks, with a huff.

"Right...." Alex nods, growing another nervous look on her face, and walking further into the penthouse.

Lena now gets up from the couch and walks over to the DEO agent, growing her own concerned look.

"Is something wrong Alex?" Lena asks, in a slightly worried voice.

"No!" Alex quickly says, "I just..... I came here..... because...... I've decided something.... and..... I guess I need to ask your permission..... and a big favour of you...."

"You can ask us anything Alex." Kara says, with a small smile on her face.

"I'm..... referring to Lena....." Alex says.

"Oh." Kara replies.

Lena now walks closer to Alex, looking her future sister-in-law in the eyes, with a caring look on her face.

"What do you need to ask me, Alex?" Lena says, "You know I'd do just about anything for you."

"I know." Alex nods, growing a small smile on her face, "It's just.... I'm not used to this sort of thing.... asking other people for favours and for help and everything...."

"Well.... just take your time with it." Lena says.

"Right...." Alex nods, and takes a deep breath, "So..... I know that it's literally really short notice and everything.... and only in a few days time.... But...... I was thinking of proposing to Sam at your New Year's Eve party, just before midnight."

"Oh wow." Lena says.

"That's great, Alex!" Kara says, with a big smile.

"Yeah... I just.... I wanted to check with you first Lena.... It's your party and everything.... I didn't want to do it if there's no nice place for me and Sam to have a private moment.... away from other people..... and also as it's your party.... I want your permission anyway." Alex says.