The Parents P2

She was changing into a casual dress, because she had a track suit on before. They walked to the lounge room, only to see nothing.

"Destiny!" Ian called out. "Coming Ian!" She ran out. "Oh!" "They're here." "Yeah, these are my parents, Mr and Mrs Hecox." "Nice to meet you." She smiled. "And these are my parents, Mr and Mrs Padilla." "Nice to meet you too." "Do you guys wanna sit down or something while I dish up dinner?"

"Sure!" Tonight's dinner was Risotto, stuffed with spinach and kale, with a side of creamy potato salad. Everyone enjoyed it, surprisedly enough.

"What's for dessert?" Mrs Hecox asked, trying to strike up a conversation. "Pavlova. It's an Australian classic."

"Is that where you're from?" "Well, yes, but my parents died in a car accident, so I got transferred over to America." "That was when I was 10 years old."
Not a single tear formed in the storytellers eyes.

"Oh." "But it's fine, I'm happy with where I am now." "And I've learnt to accept that I might not even go back, because everything is alright here." "I guess I've kind of settled into life here."

"Well, that's nice that you like it here." Mrs Hecox said, saying no more. She served them the pavlova, and they also enjoyed that, making for a happy 30 minute conversation after.

They left after the conversation ended, and not long after they left, Destiny went to bed. "Destiny, it's like 7:30!"
"I'm exhausted." She went into her bedroom, flopped down on the bed, and fell asleep. She woke up at 4am, and couldn't get back to sleep.

She went to the kitchen to clean up, but everything was done. There was a sticky note. On it it read:
We were bored out of our brains without you, so we cleaned up.
Without me? She thought.

She got a text from Joven: "are you up?" "I legit can't sleep."

She replied: "yeah, want me to come over?"

"I was just going to text you, all I had to say was that the wedding planning finished, and that Mari wants to come
with you to help pick a dress."

"And that the wedding is in 3 months."

"How could I forget that?"

"But you can still come over if you want, but the Games Crew are here."

"Idc, I'm bored!"