Chapter Thirty-One - Friendship

Start from the beginning

"One's a stone and the others an eye, they can't be any more different," Blaise told the boy.

I rose from my desk, moving around to stand beside him. "It's not as simple as that actually. I think Malfoy, that you're confused by the uses. They're quite similar in that sense."

"Did you hear about that thing with our House Heads?" Pansy asked as I began to explain to Draco.

"What thing?" Riddle asked, taking up the paper I had been writing on and copying down the information.

"About our future careers," she explained, taking another piece of parchment from her robe and placing it down on the table.

I leaned over Draco's shoulder to read it.

CAREERS ADVICE

All fifth-years are required to attend a short meeting with their Head of House during this week to discuss their future careers. Times of individual appointments are listed below.

"Hold on," Blaise told us. "I have to sit with Snape and talk about what I want to be when I get out of here?"

I scoffed lightly, returning to Draco's side. "I guess so. It'll be interesting."

Malfoy had turned away from the book we were reading and read through the names on the list until it came to his.

"Looks like you're just after me Black," he commented and looking at the times, I found that it was true. Draco was to see the man at 11:00am and I was to see him at 11:30am. An entire half an hour with Snape? That would go swimmingly.

"Yes, it seems so," I replied, directing his attention back to his studies. "Now, the main thing to remember is which is used for each Potion. One you know that –"

My words were cut off by the loud banging of the library doors opening. A fuming Tyler stomped his way in, ignoring Madame Pince's protest at the noise he was making. He came rushing towards us and I could see his eyes fix on Theo in an angry scowl.

"How fucking dare you!?" he shouted. Instinctively, I moved out in front of him, holding a defensive hand out to the Gryffindor as he continued. "Break up with me in a fucking letter!"

I pushed on his chest. "Calm down mate."

Everyone rose from their chairs, turning to the boy.

"What do you want Tyler?" Theo asked, almost tired sounding. He moved past me to face his ex-boyfriend head on.

"I told you I was sorry," Tyler tried, reaching out to Nott but the Slytherin only shrugged him off.

"And I don't think that cheating is a problem that can be solved with an apology," Theo replied.

Tyler scoffed. "You could have had the balls to tell me to my face!"

"Oh," Theo laughed. "Like you had the guts to tell me that you were sleeping with another guy!"

"Slept!" Tyler burst. "It only happened once, and we were both drunk as shit."

Blaise scooched back behind me, almost retreating to the back of the group nervously. My eyes watched him move back into the state he had been for the past couple of weeks.

"Fuck," I muttered, making a quick assumption. I hoped that I wasn't right, but it was best not to risk it. Merlin, I hated being right.

"I was going to tell you," Tyler argued.

"No, you weren't! I had to learn from my best friend that you fucked him!" Nott pointed back to Blaise, and I sighed.

"He was into it just as much as I was!"