Chapter Thirteen - Control

Word Count: 4,157. 

Warnings: None. 

"So, Harry's going to compete in the Tri-Wizard Tournament?" Pansy asked once I had finished explaining the situation.

She was sat cross-legged on our Slytherin couch in the Common Room. Draco and Blaise on either side of her. Theo was sat behind me in a single chair, his head resting against the back of it as I stood in between them.

"Someone put his name in." I told them.

"Are we sure he didn't do it himself? Trying to win the eternal glory?" Mattheo spoke up as he entered the room, taking a seat opposite Theo.

I went to speak but was cut off by Draco. "He didn't put his name in. He may be a traitorous half-blood, but he's not stupid." Draco's expression almost looked worried.

"Besides, Riddle. Dumbledore put an age line around the Goblet. If he even tried to get near it, that would stop him." I input.

He scoffed. "And we trust Dumbledore? Are you sure he didn't put Potter's name in?"

I clenched my fists, tensing at the way he used the word 'we.' "I wouldn't put it past the old man, but for someone he liked? If Dumbledore wanted to subject someone to the tournament, it would be a student he dislikes. Not one that he saves at every roadblock."

"And I think Black and Riddle are battling for the top spot of that list." Blaise spoke. Riddle stifled a laugh.

It was odd. Mattheo being back in the Common Room. Back around us and actively talking to me rather than the ignoring attitude I had gotten used to. My hands loosened as I watched him smirk. Maybe Draco was right. Maybe all he needed was time and I was just being impatient about it.

It was a doorbell ringing that brought my attention to the entrance tunnel of the Common Room.

"What the fuck was that?" Pansy asked.

"The doorbell. People ring it if they don't know the password," Draco answered, getting up. "Some First Year probably just forgot about the password change."

"I got it," I told him. "I'm already up."

Making my way to the entrance, I heard Pansy mutter. "Since when did we have a doorbell?"

"I have no idea. I never noticed it," Blaise replied to the dark-haired girl.

I shook my head at them. "So oblivious." I muttered, approaching the stone wall that separated us from the rest of the school.

Taking out my wand, I waved it lightly over the stone bricks, casting a revealing charm. Expecting to see a small kid in green robes, I was surprised when I spotted Kenneth standing outside.

"Hogsmeade," I spoke, the entrance opening, revealing the Sixth Year Gryffindor who was smiling at me.

"Ms. Black," he greeted, taking my hand in his and kissing my knuckles lightly. "I was hoping it was you."

"Would you have kissed Draco's hand if it was him instead?"

"If you asked it of me."

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't need to be a bitch about it."

"You're friend just became a Tri-Wizard champion, I think your allowed a little bitchiness."

I let out a relieved sigh. "I thought you'd abandon your advances."