Chapter Thirty - Dumbledore's Escape

Start from the beginning

I scoffed, ducking under his arms and quickly pushing towards the main library. "Harry –"

Riddle grabbed my arm before I could leave, turning me back around the face him. "Is fully capable of taking care of himself," Riddle finished for me. "You know, I think you use him as an excuse to avoid your own problems."

"Maybe I do, but right now, he needs my help," I lied.

"With what?"

I couldn't answer him. The truth was, apart from my little blackout yesterday, there wasn't much going on. Potter didn't need any help, but I needed something to focus on. Something other than the irritating voice in my head and the missing one. Where are you Crouch?

Him not being by my side made me realize how much his bickering had helped. Now I had no option but to listen to Estrella talk. He had vanished, and since he had vanished, my headaches had only been getting worse and the blackouts had started.

"I –"

My attempt at a lie was cut off by the sound of running footsteps entering the library.

"Lyra!" the owner called.

I pulled my arm from Riddle, rushing out of the aisle to find Draco stood in the doorway. The students around him were quick to tell him to shut up but the blonde Slytherin paid them no mind as he rushed towards us.

"They know," he told us.

I shook my head as Mattheo came up beside me. "Who knows what?"

He was out of breath. As though he had ran here, and by his frazzled state, I started to think he might have.

"Umbridge. She found the DA. Potter's teaching thing," he explained, and my eyes widened.

I turned to Riddle. "See?" I told him. "Potter needs me."

He sighed, not answering me but simply turning away and resting himself against the end of the bookshelf. I turned back to Malfoy.

"Where did she take them?" I asked the boy.

"Dumbledore's office. I saw her dragging them that way."

I nodded. "Well then let's get there quickly before Harry says something stupid. Riddle?"

He shook his head. "Harry can solve his own problems, but if you believe he is a child in need of help, go ahead."

I scoffed before turning from my boyfriend and taking Draco's hand. We rushed out of the library, sprinting down the hallway and up the moving stairs. We had to get to Harry, and fast.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

I was quick to barge into the Headmaster's office. The entrance had been opened and there was no need for a password. It seemed a bit too convenient for my liking, but Harry was in trouble with Umbridge, and I wasn't going to question an easy way in.

"Ms. Black!" Umbridge's shrilling voice greeted me. "Mr. Malfoy! What on earth are you doing here?"

There were several Ministry workers in the office, including who I believed to be Cornelius Fudge. Kingsley Shacklebolt was there, wand raised. He nodded in my direction.

I rushed over to Harry, who seemed to be the only student there. Draco was quick to follow, standing behind me slightly. I stood in front of Potter.

"To make sure you don't hurt him," I told her.

She acted shocked. "I would never touch a student."

I scoffed. "Tell that to all of your detentions."