Chapter Twenty-Four - Weakness

Start from the beginning

With a sudden jolt, the room around me vanished and I was no longer seated. It was like we had disapperated, but feeling the air around me, I knew that we hadn't.

"I just need to get her trust me," my mother spoke again, but this time she was in front of me.

Instead she was on the other side of the room, seated at a long table. I looked around. The room itself seemed to be shrouded in black smoke, but the table that she sat at seemed to be the only thing visible.

Looking down, I found only smoke beneath me, seemingly nothing there to hold me up and yet I did not fall.

"And then, I will twist her mind. Bring her to dark," Estrella continued.

"Not too quickly Ms. Nott," another voice returned the conversation.

They were at the head of the table. I could see the difference in the smoke surrounding it, but not the face of the stranger.

Thinking it best to attempt, I brought one foot forward, letting it fall with a small poof on the mist. I didn't fall. Slowly, I made my way towards the top of the table, itching to get a look at whoever she was talking to.

"Yes, I know. She must give into the power before we take her, but you need me to make that decision easier for her, and I will," my mother replied, settling back comfortably into her chair.

My hands touched the side of the table and leaning my head forward, I squinted my eyes at the figure of mist.

"Will yourself to see it," a different voice spoke to me. One that wasn't in the room. "If you really want to know who it is, just make it real."

I closed my eyes. "Who are you?" I asked the figure, pushing power through my mind and towards the mist in front of me.

When I opened my eyes again, black smoke was emitting from my hands, littered with pieces of gold, no, of fire. It pushed harder on the chair in front of me, the figure starting to become clear.

When I could clearly see their face, my hands retracted back to my side, and I moved away. I knew that face. Everyone knew that face.

"Voldemort," I breathed, watching him smile cruelly at the woman who sat beside him. My mother.

"Yes, now do not fail me Estrella," he told her.

She smiled, biting her lip and tilting her head at the man in front of me. "When have I ever failed you," she paused. "My Lord."

My body suddenly turned rigid, my shoulders feeling as though they had been grasped my hands and yet there was nothing on them.

With another jolt, I was pulled backward away from the image of the table and back into a seat position.

I jumped up, turning away from everything and taking deep breaths. shaking my head, I opened my eyes to find that I was back in the living room of my home.

"Sweetheart?" I heard my mother's voice ask. "Is everything alright?"

Turning around, I watched her face carefully. What had I seen?

"What was that?" I asked her.

She shook her head, rising from the couch and approaching me slowly. "What was what?"

"I just saw you sitting at a table with Voldemort, telling him how you need to get me to trust you and then you will twist my mind –" I cut myself off, moving away from her as she got closer.

Her smile faded, turning to a small frown. "Well," she started, dropping her hands to her side and tilting her head at me. "I don't know how you did it, but you can see my memories. How incredibly odd."