2 ★ Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

𖤍𖤓⌁☍❾¾➵♆△⍎⚔︎

Most of the items on the list were bought, uniforms, books, cauldron, parchment, ink, and quills. Why quills Crystal wondered.

They got a nice set of scales for weighing potion ingredients and a collapsible brass telescope, much to her delight. She always wanted a telescope to explore space with her eyes after reading about space and the exoplanets in the books in her library room which she stayed at.

Along the way, they talked about Quidditch and School houses. She also got a little more info about Voldemort.

After the visit to the Apothecary, there were only two things left now, the wand and a pet.

"Just yer wand left -- A yeah, an' I still haven't got yeh a birthday present," said Hagrid and checked the list again.

"Thanks for the thought Hagrid, but you don't have to --"

"No. Tell yeh what, I'll get yer an owl. All the kids want owls, they're dead useful, carry yer mail an' everythin'."

"But I don't need an owl -- "

"I insist, yeh have ter. Yeh'll thank me later in future, yeh see, "

"Alright," Crystal gave up.

At first, Crystal didn't want to enter the shop but still went in, not wanting to look fussy. Within four minutes, they left Eeylops Owl Emporium, with a rather smaller owl than others, a beautiful greyish-white owl with yellow eyes much like the big golden sapphire on her vault key.

Crystal decided to name it 'Cash' because the moment they went to pay, the owl gave his all effort to try to nip the money out of Hagrid's hand from inside the cage.

"Thanks, Hagrid," said Crystal. Hagrid held the owl for her as Crystal was looking at it weirdly, not wanting to get near it.

"Don' mention it," said Hagrid gruffly. "Don' expect you've had a lotta presents from them Hudsons'. Just Ollivanders left now -- only place fer wands, Ollivanders, and yeh gotta have the best wand. Yeh go I'll take look around fer yer the person yer meeting later."

Crystal gave a nod and went towards the Olivanders.

The last shop was narrow and shabby. Peeling gold letters over the door read --

Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands
since 382 B.C.

A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window.

A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop as she stepped inside.

"Good afternoon," said a soft voice. Crystal was a little surprised.

"Hello," said Crystal awkwardly and uncovered her scarf.

"Ah yes," said the man. "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Crystal Calisto. Your eyes are as exquisite as they say. It seems only yesterday your mother was in here herself, buying her first wand."

Crystal could never get used to how people knew her, even to her eye colour.

"I'm sorry to say I sold the wand that took your mother.... " he said softly. "Thirteen-and-a-half inches. Yew. Powerful wand, very powerful, and in the wrong hands... well, if I'd known what that wand was going out into the world to do...."

"Um, can I get something for myself?" said Crystal, changing the topic.

"Sure," said Mr. Ollivander. "Miss Calisto. Let me see." He pulled a long tape measure with silver markings out of his pocket. "Which is your wand arm?"