"You see that our villa is near the forest. My friend kind of heard shouts from there so she decided to check it out. She was not scared to bring a gun that time so some of them just come along with her to check it out"

"She manage to shot down the wild animals that surrounded your friend and that's how we managed to find her"

Somi explained as Lin Yan continue to talk to her about Xiang Li's condition. Lei who was inside the room. You can found him silently staring at Xiang Li who was still unconscious. The night she was gone missing.

He can' t even put him to sleep, knowing she was in danger, with him who can't do anything but just stay in the house for their safety. "Please don't leave me, Xiang Li, till I require control of myself." 

__________________________________________________________________________

Xiang Li hurriedly rose from my bed as I became aware of my strange surroundings. As the girl glance around, her heartbeat becomes more rapid. It was surely not her room. It was cold...

And she doesn't know why but she halted on her thoughts when her head throbbed badly, that made her held onto her forehead. She felt the presence of someone who sat on the bed. "Lei?"

"You're alright, you are safe here" he started as unrecognizable look on his face. "How's Shancai?" 

"She is fine, Si found her when he went out yesterday." he explained as Xiang Li started coughing before she even manage to speak. The boy immediately rub her back and offered her a glass of water.

The girl drank it as tried to compose herself. She immediately look at the man beside her when he suddenly kneel in front of her who is sitting on the bed. "Lei!"

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry..." the boy stated as his voice trembled. "I shouldn't have let you put your life in danger. I thought about Shancai situation and not yours again. I'm really sorry" he apologized. "Lei..."

"Is not your fault"

"It was, no matter how you look at it, it was my fault for not stopping both of you when I knew the situation outside. I should have thought of it more"

Xiang Li just stayed quiet, she doesn't know how to speak with this man who she thought would never cared for her, "Why are you suddenly acting like this..."

Lei just tighten his grip on the covers as he heard Xiang Li, "Because you're really important to me... I almost lost you. I never manage to make the 2 girls important on my life stay with me, I can't handle it if you're the one I'll lose..."

"Not again..."

"Again?" Xiang Li repeated the words that gave a reason on the sentence. "I remember you... I treated you harshly before because I thought you like Daoming Si and you using me will make you get closer. I was born to not trust people easily."

"But when I push you away... I realized how much I was lost, followed by Jing who left. Looking at you, I saw myself on how much I was lost on everything."

"Lei"

"I know, I know. There was a saying to cherish the person who was always with you before you lost them. I clearly... didn't went along with it"

"What are you trying to imply on now" Xiang Li ask as mixed emotions surrounded her heart. She can't understand the man in front of her.

"I hate it, no matter how much I say I love Jing, I can't stop thinking of the person who gave so much effort for me. I don't love you nor hate you. When I saw you again after breaking your heart, you grow up to become a woman, I was thankful that my words back then didn't hold you back for becoming the person you are now. I never forgot about you, I never did"