chapter one

Devon walked out of Juvie in annoyance, ready to be sent to another shitty foster home. But instead of some random white trash waiting for her, it was a rich, normal looking couple.

"Hi, I'm Christina and this is Morgan." The woman introduced. "We're adopting you." The man told her.

Her eye brows rose. No one had ever tried to adopt her, especially straight out of juvie. "Alright, uh I'm Devon." She said before cringing. "I'm guessing you already new that."

"Oh its alright sweetie. We understand that its gonna be a little weird getting adopted like this." Christina told her with a sweet smile.

Devon chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah. Lets just get this show on the road." She looked around the parking lot for a car. "Where's your car?"

Morgan pointed up as a helicopter started lowering to the ground. "You have a helicopter?" She nearly shouted.

"Did I mention that our last name is Ross?" He smirked. Even a poor girl like her from the bronx new that name in an instant.

"Holy shit. Dude this is crazy." Devon said in shock. "Language please." Christina said as the got onto the helicopter.

----

Devon had only been living the Ross's for a week when they were being sent off to some camp.

"Hurry up. The limo is here to take you to summer camp." Bertram, the Ross's butler called out through the house.

Devin was already waiting by the elevator with only one small suitcase. Only being out of juvie for a few days didnt give her time to get very much.

She watched as her new siblings brought down countless bags and suitcases. It still shocked her that she was now a millionaire.

"Where's Godzilla?" Devon asked the group ad they entered the elevator. Ravi's eyes went wide. "Oh my goodness, I almost forgot her."

The four kids ran back up the stairs. Only to see Bertram dancing around with party lights and music.

"We almost forgot Ms-" Ravi trailed off. Bertram froze. Devon let out a snort. "This is too good." Zuri shook her head at the man. "Thats just cold."

----

"Emma!" A brunette shouted running towards Emma. Devon squinted in confusion as they seemed to be running in slow motion. "Lou!"

Zuri snorted. "For two people excited to see each other they're running really slow." Devon nodded in agreement. "I was thinking the same thing."

The pair chuckled before approaching the girls. "All the woodchucks are back together." Lou said before the girls all did some weird chatter thing.

"What the hell was that?" Devon said laughing before realizing the other girls were staying serious.

"The woodchuck salute." Lou said offended. "And good job remembering it Zuri." She told the girl.

Devon smirked locking eyes with Zuri. "You should see the salute I taught her to give cab drivers in New York." Just as the girls when to give the finger Emma shoved down their arms.

"No, no, no." She said sternly. Devon shrugged laughing with Zuri. "So who is this new little girl?" Lou asked in a sweet voice, looking at her.

Devon sent her a look. "You wanna see what 'little' can do?" Emma once again held the girl back.

"This is Devon, our new sister. We adopted her about a week ago." Emma told Lou, keeping an arm on the girl. "Well she is feisty." Lou chuckled awkwardly.

Devon sent her a fake smile. "Hey!" A boy called walking behind Emma. She screamed before pepper spraying him.

"Ow, ow that burns." The boy cried. Devon and Zuri both broke into laughter. "Your lucky she didn't bring her tazer." Zuri told him.

"Xander I am so sorry." Emma told him. "Oh so this is Xander?" Devon asked the girl. The blonde nodded. "Well I here you have a very bi-" Emma covered her mouth.

She glared at the girl. "I said to never say that out loud." She whispered yelled at the girl who shrugged.

"Um, she was talking about your very big, uh, brain." Emma tried to cover as everyone was giving the girl questioning looks.

Xander smiled. "Well thanks. I am quite smart." Zuri snorted. "Okay, does she actually expect us to believe that?" She whispered to Devon.

"Alright we should see what cabin Devon's in. I assume woodchuck but just to be sure." Lou said.

The girls followed behind the brunette and the boys went to their cabin. The girl gasped as she looked at a clipboard. "Whats wrong?" Emma asked.

"It says she's in grizzly cabin." She told the group. "Whats the big deal, so I'm not with you guys?" Devon shrugged.

"That's the boys cabin." Zuri told her. Devon smirked. "Well, that sounds like it could be fun to me."

The girls all sent her looks of shock. "Gladys!" Lou called to an older woman. "Ugh, what do you want?"

"You placed a nee girl camper into grizzly cabin." Lou told her. "I did not, whats her name?"

"Devon Ross." She told her. "Oh well thats why. I thought you were a boy." Gladys told them.

The girls rolled their eyes. "So, can she switch to woodchuck?" Zuri asked her. "No theres not room, sorry."

"Well I guess we aren't together." Zuri frowned at the girl. "Its okay we can still hang out."

"Now where is this cabin? Im getting tired of carrying this shit." Devon said. "Just over there."

"I'm Devon, your new roommate." She said, tossing her bags onto a bed. "But you're girl?" Jorge said. "Hey I don't make the rules." Devon said as she started to empty her bags.

"Um well, welcome to Grizzly Cabin I guess." Xander said. Devon sent him a sarcastic smile. "Thanks."

"What up cell mates?" Devon heard a familiar voice ask. Her breath hitched. "I got this. You missed this key when you frisked me, rookie." It couldn't be him.

"There you go and uh, here's your wallet." The boy said. Devon felt her cheeks burn. "You must be Griff." Xander said. "Yep and I'm ready for my part down. And watch it... I'm ticklish."

That was it, she knew it had to be him. "Griff?" She whispered. "Dev?" Griff asked in shock, dropping his arms. The girl grinned. "Its me Griff." She said before running into the boys arms.