𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧: 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝟎𝟎𝟕

Start from the beginning

June 30th, 1977. Experiment 007 had a major setback. She had a very real nightmare and panic attack which caused her telekinetic powers to have a massive amount of power. Everything in her room was moved around and broken. Experiment 007 did not have any physical injuries because of the nightmare. She now is in a coma and being monitored over 24/7. Will date any improvements that occur.

July 14th, 1977. Experiment 007 has awoken from coma. Does not have any memory of what happened. She failed to lift a blue block with telekinesis, but is sufficient on using electrokinesis, sixth sense, and danger sense powers. Will only train her the powers she is familiar with and not push using mutated powers.

August 21st, 1979. Experiment 007 has escaped. Authorities are looking around for her to bring back for the program. Will date results within 2 weeks.

September 4th, 1979. Experiment 007 is nowhere to be found. Will end logs and focus more an Experiment 011.

I close the file and ask, "So, I'm a mutation?" Dr. Owens nods his head and replies, "You are very different from the other children, none of them were mutated and we think because of the tests they did... It caused you to inherit the powers Eleven and the others had."

"What about the nightmare?" Hop asks. "My team and I think it was because she had a lot of power within her at a young age. No one knows what happened in your nightmare, Y/N. It could be fears as a kid, parents, or something out of the ordinary."

I look over at the file again and sigh. Dad grabs it and keeps looking through it. He stops at a certain page and keeps looking at it intensely.

He asks, "There's a page about her parents." My gut freaks out and I faintly clench my fists in anxiousness. Hopper slides it to me, and I read it aloud.

"'Y/N's parents were locals, both had partaken in MK Ultra. Y/N's mother was unexpectedly pregnant at the time and never told the personnel until she was around 4 months in the pregnancy. They kept her as an exception and still tested her. Y/N's father had died during one the experiments, when Y/N's mother was 8 months into the pregnancy. He drowned in a sensory deprivation tank and was electrocuted. The tank was one of the first to be built and was proved to be faulty.'"

I tear up and try to continue.

"'On the day of Y/N's birth, her mother had felt an electric shock around her waist and felt like she was in labor. With each contraction, Y/N's mother felt these electric shocks, resulting in an emergency C section. Y/N was born healthy, but Y/N's mother died right after she was born. Autopsy revealed that one of the shocks was sent up her spine and around her neck before undergoing the C section.'"

I set the file down and tear up. Hop grabs the file and reads the last paragraph. "'Y/N's aunt and uncle on her mother's side took Y/N in for 4 years, then when Dr. Brenner starting overseeing the project, he found Y/N and began experiments."

Dad looks at me and holds my hand. Dr. Owens says, "They're may be a lot more information in the file, but if you need time to process this, Y/N... take as much time as you need." I nod my head and we finish our lunch and go home. Hopper dropped me off and went back to work.

After I get home, I dial Steve's number and he answers, "Hello?" I sigh and twirl the phone cord around my fingers.

"It's Y/N, do you think you we can hangout? I just got back from that important meeting with Dr. Owens." "Yeah, of course. Your place?" I smile and reply, "Mhmm, I'll be waiting."

You hang up the phone and wait for Steve. He does the secret knock and El unlocks the locks. You hear him say hi to your sister then walk into your room.

Steve sits next to your bed and notices you're not 100% yourself. You got a bit worked up and emotional about finally getting the answers and closure on your parents.

"Hey, Y/N, how'd it go?" I sigh and give him the file. He looks at me before I nod my head for Steve to open it.

"I got the answers I wanted. But in a way I never expected." Steve holds my hand and flips through the pages and sees my picture when I was younger.

He asks, "What happened?" I sit up in my bed more before continuing.

"I don't know my parents names, but I know what happened. They're gone." He looks at me in worry and I finish. "Because of me."

Steve drops the file and shifts his gaze towards me. "Y/N it wasn't because of you. I promise." I tear up and grab the file and flip to the report. I point at the paragraph about my birth.

"My dad died because of electricity, same with my mom. She died when she gave birth to me because each contraction was electricity around her waist. I'll never get to know them... Steve."

I keep looking through the file to see if anything else made sense. The more tears I feel down my face the more anxiously I would flip the pages.

Steve grabs my hands and holds them. He kisses the top of my hand and looks at me.

"It's not your fault. I promise. You said that she was doing experiments while pregnant, and that could've been very dangerous for you growing inside of her. You're very healthy and I'm glad you're here. Your mom and dad made the choice to do MK Ultra, even when you came into their lives. Now you get to choose what you do with your life, with Hop, El, and all of us."

I let out a sob and hug Steve tightly. He rubs my back and assures me it's okay. I look over at the door and see Hop standing by it.

Steve notices too and cups my face and gives a kiss on my forehead. "I'll let you and your dad talk, okay?" I nod my head and Steve leaves the room to see what El is up to.

Dad comes in and sits on my bed. "Did you know my parents?" I ask. He nods his head and says, "Cindy and Ricky were their names. In high school, your mom was captain of the cheer team, and your father was in the AV club."

"Why were they so... different from each other?"

He shakes his head and shrugs. "I wish I knew kiddo, but they seemed like they were in love from the moment they met. I never really got to know them because they weren't the type of people I was friends with in high school. When we heard of their passing a few years after high school ended, we all felt this sadness about them."

I try to hold back some tears and let him continue.

"We were told that they both died in a car accident and they were very loved by their fellow classmates. I could kind of see some of them in you."

I ask, "What do you mean?" He says, "Some of their features. You have your mom's kind eyes, your dad's intelligence. But most important is that you carry the Hopper family values."

I smile and wipe some of my falling tears. I notice a book in his hand and I look at it. 'Hawkins High School Yearbook 1958-1959'. Hop flips open a few pages to find someone.

He turns around the book to points to my birth mom. "Cindy Watson." I whisper. She was really pretty. Dad flips the page to reveal my birth father. "Ricky L/N." I whisper again.

I let the spiraling thoughts sit in my head for a moment. I say, "But I consider you my dad, Hop. My real parents did what they did, but they're not here right now. You are."

I see him smile and give me a hug. "I love you so much, kiddo." "I love you too, Hop."