She looked at him dead in the eyes. "You think this is about surgery?"

     "Cristina, I cannot do this with you in here." He lowered his voice to a low whisper. "I cannot think."

     "Mer, go with Cristina." Jamie told her sister and before she could protest, she stopped her. "No, Burke is right. I can't risk having you in here and I need you safe. So, please, please go. I will be fine, but I need you to leave. It's okay, Mer."

     The two interns were hesitant but nevertheless nodded and left the room which made Jamie let out a breath of relief and Burke took over the pumping of air. 

     But the stranger in all black did not have an answer for her. Dylan did not know if Jamie was going to make it out of this alive and back to Meredith. He just hoped he could do his job and there would at least be a chance for the blonde who had her whole life and surgical career in front of her.

grey's anatomy

     "I feel like colors are brighter." George spoke, his back leaning against the lockers in the intern's locker room. "Does anyone feel like colors are brighter? My head hurts."

     Ross scoffed next to him. "It's the adrenaline. Do you have the smell thing? Because I have like this crazy-"

     "Shut up!" Izzie interrupted, her voice loud and annoyed. "You two, just shut up."

     "Are you okay?" Alex asked the girl beside him. 

     Mila shook her head. "Of course, she's not okay. Does she look okay- how could she possibly be okay? You're insensitive, Karev." She scoffed. 

     "I'm not insensitive," The male argued back. 

     "Would you all just shut up." Izzie snapped again. "Nobody cares if the blue is bluer or if you have super smelling powers. Jamie could die and I know she's a resident, but I live with her and any minute she could just... die. Actually, stop living... dead. A corpse." The female then started laughing. 

     "What the hell?" Ross cursed, narrowing his eyes. "You find this funny, Stevens?"

     "Oh God- I'm sorry. God, I have really inappropriate reactions to this kind of stress." The blonde stopped laughing and cleared her throat. "Sorry, hold on."

     "Should we, like..." Joey trailed off. "Should we, like, do something? Call Jamie's family?"

     "We are her family." Ross answered. "Whether she wants to admit that or not."

     "I'm sorry," Izzie laughed again before getting up and walking away, Alex following her. "I'm sorry."

     George nodded. "We are Jamie's family."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     Cristina entered the OR where Derek still was performing surgery on Bailey's husband, his brain wide open. After she scrubbed in, she worked on getting her gown on. 

     "This area's been evacuated, Dr. Yang." Kathryn told her. 

     "Yet somehow you two are still here." The intern retorted. 

     "I have to be," Derek corrected. "Dr. Harper has volunteered and you don't."

     "Yes, I do."

     "Dr. Yang," Kathryn warned.  

     "Yes, I do." Cristina breathed out, her breath slightly shaky. "Besides, I'm guessing you two need a little company. How's he doing?"