Chapter 29: On Love Lane (Final)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I believe you do deserve to know the whole truth about why we all agreed to start this game with you, Y/N. Then it's settled. As the leader of our group, it's only right that you'll hear the whole story from me, and that I promise that everything I'm about to tell you is the truth. Now, are you ready?"

"I am. From here on, I'll simply listen to everything that you say, and that I trust you."

"Good. Well then, let's begin."

Yujin then took a moment to gather her thoughts, with you patiently waiting for her to start. Once she feels that she's ready, Yujin begins narrating to you all about it.

"It all started when you began attending our school as a new student. Back then, it was a busy day for all of us, and we were all too busy adjusting ourselves as we welcomed another school year ahead of us. That day must have been tough for you, more so since you didn't have any friends or acquaintances at the time, which was understandable."

"But of course, it didn't take long for you to be able to find someone whom you can call your friend, for you were always an approachable person. People like Jungwon and most of your classmates became your friends eventually, even though there were students like Sunghoon and Ryujin who at that time, were still known as the school's jerkish pair."

"By now, I assume you're wondering how I am able to tell you this, since neither of us have yet to be acquainted at that time, right? Well, I'll leave that to your imagination, hehe."

"Wait what? Yujin-ah, so you were stalking me?"

"Why would I do that, pabo? Aish, you just had to think like that, huh?"

"Hehe, I'm just kidding. I'll let you continue."

"Fine. Ahem, as I was saying, one of us was actually paying close attention to you, and let's be clear that we were not stalking you or anything. That aside, it was also the first time that she was able to see you, and from there, she wanted to try and get to know you better, even if it would only mean that you're going to be friends. Get what I mean?"

"Yes I understand. But there's always the chance that this girl was in fact you, Yujin-ah. Right?"

"Mhm. I'm glad that you catch on pretty quick. After that, the days went by when she became more and more interested in you, and that she was hoping that one day, she'll be able to get that opportunity herself. However, there was a big problem."

"Yes, and I think I know what that is."

"Yup. Just like most girls who admire someone, she didn't have the courage to tell you about how she really felt. From her perspective, it was love at first sight, but seeing you feeling so content about the kind of life you have at school made her think that you weren't interested in someone like her, let alone be committed. Unfortunately, those assumptions led her to decide that she will forget her feelings about you, and that she'll be content seeing you happy every single day."

"I see. So this means that from the beginning, one of you already likes me, and that I was oblivious to her feelings all this time. I have to admit that I feel guilty for some reason."

"Please don't be like that, Y/N. It was her decision not to pursue her feelings for you, and making that choice was something that she will regret later, unfortunately."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Umm, you see, that was how things become complicated for us. Ever since that day, you began to get acquainted with us individually, and because of that, each of us became your friends too, which included her as well. Believe me when I say that if not for your actions, our lives won't be as pleasant as it is now, both at school and even outside. Perhaps you can say that it was by coincidence that you were able to become friends with us, and that you went out of your way to help us when we needed someone. That is why we will never forget the role you played to make our lives much better than how it was before."