Chapter 27: On Love Lane Part 2

Start from the beginning

You didn't expect her to be so courteous and formal when she said that to you, but regardless, her words did make you happy when she accepted.

Moreover, you also felt a hint of trust that she placed on you, which made you think that in a way, she sensed that you only want her to succeed when it comes to her training, which is true.

That day was the start of the good friendship between you and Yujin, and that bond you still share with her to this day only became stronger from that point onwards.

Since that meeting, the two of you were starting to get acquainted with each other, and the trust that she placed on you in the beginning was the key towards you getting to know more about her, which was a good thing.

Because of that, you were able to gain a deeper insight about all the things that she constantly endured as a member of your school's track team, which saddened you as well upon knowing all of it from her.

From there, you began to question why someone as talented and kind as Yujin would be forced to go through such horrible treatment done by her teammates of all people.

You were even more disappointed when she told you that the senior members were the ones who started it, which made you upset.

Those students, who are supposed to be the ones whom she would look up to as role models, were instead the instigators of such disdainful actions.

Instead of inspiring her to do her best like they do, those students would look down to Yujin with contempt, which was uncalled for.

"Have you talked about this with your coach, Yujin-ah? Surely they will be able to help you if you tell them about it." You asked, which made her frown upon hearing your suggestion.

"I tried to, but whenever our coach comes to supervise us, nothing of that sort would happen. They will all try to act like normal, and those were the times when they will all pretend to be my friends who are supporting me every single day. Without proof, she and the other teachers will never believe me. They always wear that mask of being so nice and dependable towards others, so everyone would think that I was lying if I did try telling them the truth."

Like it or not, you agreed about what Yujin told you.

As long as they are doing a good job in maintaining their fake image, no one would ever believe her. Even worse, they might even think that Yujin was being disrespectful towards her seniors, and that would make things even more complicated for her.

At that point, you also felt as helpless as she was, with you not being able to do anything to ease her sadness.

"I'm really sorry, Yujin-ah. If only there's a way for me to make them change their opinion of you, then I would have done so already, believe me."

"Yah, it's okay, Y/N. You know, just by you being here to support me already means a lot. Despite what they think of me, I feel good knowing that there's at least one person who's willing to go out of their way to be at my side, and that means something. So cheer up, will you? I don't want you to feel sad the way I do. Besides, if I can't earn their kindness, then all I have to do is to try and earn their respect instead, and I just have the idea for that." She said in a confident manner, which got you curious.

"Really? Well okay, but how are you going to do that?"

"Simple. I'm sure you already know that I am to compete for this year's annual track meet, right?"