048a - Once Bitten, Twice Shy Part 1

Start from the beginning

She called her mum that sneaky yoruba woman.

"It's just this sugarcane challenge, you know that mayorkun's song na," Dawn continued and I nodded, knowing how popular the challenge was on TikTok. "So Chima and I made our own video, mixed the original dance with our own ajasa. It was so fun to make, and I posted it before I slept last night,"

She paused to pick up her phone from the table.

"Only for me to wake up and see this," She said, turning the screen to my side for me to see.

And my eyes widened automatically when I spotted the number of views and likes on the video in nothing less than fifteen hours.

"1.5 million views!" I exclaimed, and Dawn nodded, lips stretching again in a wide smile as she bounced on her feet.

"And 500k likes in the space of fifteen hours!" She added, causing a sound of awe to escape from my lips.

Wawu!

"My comment session is blowing up like crazy," She went on, giving me the phone to check through which I did. "I was on 33k followers before the video, but now I have like 200k plus followers," She was so pumped. "Chima's account that has been dormant for years, he now has 25k followers-"

"43k followers now," I cut her off, showing her Sochima's page and her eyes went huge.

"See! And I checked like five minutes ago o!" The elation in her voice and body language was so contagious, that I began to feel it too. "Before the end of today, his followers might get to 100k. I'm not even capping!" She exclaimed, her energy made me laugh out loud

"Couple Goals tinz!" I hyped her and she joined my laughter with her hearty ones, flipping the locks of her dreads over her shoulder with sass.

"Yes o! Na we!" She exclaimed, exuding excitement in waves she couldn't contain. It made me laugh again, excited for her. The girl was literally a big ball of glow and positive energy, she couldn't keep it to herself.

And honestly, I had Sochima to thank for giving my best friend back her glow.

Looking back at her phone in my hand, I started watching the video, watching Dawn and Sochima move the beat of the song in a perfect synchronization that only existed with them, exuding intense chemistry in ripples. Anyone watching them would be able to tell at first glance that they were so much in love with each other.

They have never tried hiding it, not even here in school where there were tons of judgemental people.

I mean, I've watched tiktok couples dance before, but Dawn and Sochima were a force to be reckoned with. Even the six hundred and twenty-three people that commented on their video could agree. And this was just their first dance video together.

"You guys are the absolute cutest," I commented again, grinning from ear to ear as I handed the phone back to her. She smiled, collecting it from me.

"I know we are cute," She sassed and I rolled my eyes comically at her pride, picking up my bottle of boost to take a sip. "But definitely not as cute as you and Simisola Jordan," That additional statement from Dawn made my drink go down the wrong pipe.

I'd have choked if I didn't collect myself quickly, beating my chest softly when fits of coughs escaped my lips.

"Dawn!" I chided, my voice hoarse.

"What?" She shrugged, brushing my discomfort away with a dismissive wave of a hand. "I'm not lying, am I?" She quirked her brows inquisitively, a smirk tugged at a corner of her lips.