Sofia Blinova- Anyone Home?

The car stopped as I jumped out of it and ran to his house as fast as I could. His parents were keeping his stuff in his bag as he was already sitting in the backseat. I ran to his door as he rolled his window down, tears in both of our eyes. "Why are you leaving me?" I asked but he stayed silent. "Harry, you built me. Without you, I will shatter into a million pieces" I said as a tear slipped from my eyes.

He put his hand out the window and held mine. "You'll stay strong, no matter what. I need to go, Everyone needs me there" he said as I looked into his eyes. "And what about me? Doesn't your best friend need you here? The whole school needs you, I need you" I said as the words were hard to come out of my mouth, it was as if I was swallowing a still-beating heart.  

The car started and started moving, his parents trying to pull me back but I also ran with the car since the driver was making sure to go slow so I didn't get hurt, holding Harry's hand. "I will walk through hell, to find another way," I said as I started crying as he started pulling his bracelet off. "I will  lay me down if I knew that you will stay," I said as he looked me in the eye. 

"Take this Sofia, this is a part of me that'll always be with you," he said as he put the bracelet in my hand, making me leave his hand as the car sped away. I fell to the ground crying, his parents holding me. You could see that he was breaking down in the car too. "I would've crossed the stars, to keep you in my life" I screamed, my voice breaking as I broke down, holding the bracelet close to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a cold sweat, the sun's rays falling on me gently through the window. Another cloudy day in Russia, just like all the others that came. I got up from my bed, my heart beating fast thinking about that incident as my hand fell on the bracelet, Harry

Harry come back

I need you

I got up and got dressed, took a cold shower, put on anything I found in my closet and headed downstairs. Dad was already out, you could hear mummers of fans and media outside but I decided to head to my brother's room. "Danny?" I asked, my voice low, broken and full of pain. He immediately opened the door. "Come in Soi" he said, taking my hand and pulling me into his room. "Sis, you ok?" he asked me.

"If you could, spare me some kindness and cuddles. My broken shell needs it" I pleaded as I lay on his bed. He sighed as he lay next to me and wrapped his arms around me as I started sobbing, my face hidden in his shoulder as he held me close, caressing my hair as he sighed out of worry. "Am I broken? Am I flawed?" I asked but before he could speak I continued. "Do I deserve a shred of worth or am I just another sad, fake lost cause?" I croaked as he held me close to him.

"You saw the dream about Harry again?" he asked. "I feel like a broken shell without him" I muttered. He sighed but before he could respond, I heard Papa scream. "Daniel, Sofia. The Press is here for photographs. Come downstairs" He screamed to which we collectively sighed as we got up and Danny fixed my hair which I had not combed. "No matter how dark the night may seem, in the end, the sun will always come out." he said to which I sighed. "Thank you" I said to which he smiled. "Always, little genius" he replied. He took my hand and we went downstairs where the press from the local magazine was here to take pictures of me.

Since I had helped the police catch those criminals, the news was having a field day with me- naming me the youngest and the next mastermind of the world. Oh god, this was irritating and honestly, as long as they don't provoke me, I  won't say a thing. 

But unfortunately, I got provoked.

 "Smile for the picture, here too" they said way too many times and that was the end of me as I sarcastic started talking. "Picture Picture, smile for the picture. Pose with your brother ( Pulling Danny close to me) won't you be a good sister?" I said as I irritatedly got up but papa pushed me down. "Sit down and don't move, like a doll," he said angryly to which I sighed, Danny holding my hand from beneath as I tiredly smiled."Sorry, Mood Swings" I said turning around so that no one would see me wiping my tears.

After this one-hour-long interview, as the media were packing up and leaving. A slender tall guy in all black entered with a suitcase- it was obvious someone had sent him. "Sir, I need to talk to you all, alone," he said. "Sorry, the mastermind doesn't meet alone" Papa said before I corrected him. "No please, come in" I said standing up and leading the way, taking a sigh since I was tired of all of this.

I was tired of my life at this point

"Please, take a seat," I said sighing as he did, papa and Danny coming shortly after. "What do you want?" I asked. "I am representing a big named company here. They wanted you for a paid volunteer opportunity somewhere in the world. You'll be working on a project" He said. "And what will my objective be there?" I asked. "I don't know, that my boss shall tell you. We have got your flight tickets covered- you and your father just need to sign this contract" he said pulling out of his suitcase a contract and two stacks of cash. "This is the contract and twenty-five thousand dollars, as an advance," he said to which Papa's eyes shimmered in greed.

"Of course, Sofia would love such an opportunity. Now, how much is the total money earned from the internship?" he asked to which I sighed, he was going to send me no matter what. "A Hundred thousand dollars or the full 1-year internship" he said to which, without hesitation took a pen from the table and signed his part of the contract. 

"Sofia, be a doll and sign the contract, you'll love the internship, trust me," Papa said

"Do I have a choice?" I asked Papa. "If you don't sign, I'll be kicking you out of the house," he said to which I sighed and took the pen and signed before I quickly got up and left for my room. I sat on my bed. 

I finally get to go far away from press and papa  

And that was enough to get a cheeky smile on my face