y/n leaned forward as severus leaned back, but caught himself and pulled away.

"i— i don't know," y/n said breathlessly. he was sure he hadn't blinked once this whole time, too starstruck to take his eyes off of severus for even a millisecond.

"may i help you decide?" severus asked, leaning closer to y/n once again.

y/n swallowed again and nodded, clenching the fabric of his robes in his hand.

severus leaned forward and left an experimental kiss on the corner of y/n's mouth. y/n felt an electric shock shoot through his chest and down his entire body, causing him to shiver. severus studied him for a moment, watching his reaction to the kiss. when there were no signs of rejection, he leaned back in, this time planting his lips right onto y/n's.

y/n hummed and let go of his robes to grip severus' arms, pulling him more into his body. their lips danced with each other as the kiss became more passionate, the need to breathe growing by the second. y/n pulled away with a gasp.

"severus," he said breathlessly, hands gripping the fabric of severus' robes subconsciously as he panted to regain his breath.

"have i helped you decide?" severus asked, his own voice breathy from the kiss.

y/n nodded.

"...would you be okay with being more than friendly?" he asked, fingers tracing y/n's sides, making him shiver.

"yes," y/n said, locking lips with severus once again, pushing him down onto the mattress.

severus rolled them over on the bed so he was on top of y/n, looking down at him. y/n was panting as he looked up at severus, a twinkle in his eye that hadn't been there in a long time. y/n smiled and laughed breathlessly, wrapping his arms around severus' neck and pulling him down so he was laying on top of him.

"is this real? do you really feel that way about me?" y/n said, letting his insecurities get the best of him.

"i think you may be the dumbest man i've allowed myself to get close to," severus said, tracing his lips along y/n's neck.

y/n sighed and put his fingers into severus' hair, something he'd wanted to do for a long time.

"i'm sorry," y/n said.

"shut up," severus said, pulling away from y/n's neck to lay onto his side, facing y/n.

y/n's lips twitched upwards a bit and he rolled onto his side to face severus. they just stared at each other for a long while, taking in each other's appearances.

"severus... what does this make us?" y/n asked, heart pounding again.

"lovers, if that's what you wish," severus said, his hand coming up to brush stray hairs away from y/n's face.

y/n smiled and scooted as close as humanly possible to severus, moving down to feather kisses along his jaw. he trailed downwards, sighing when he hit clothed skin.

"why did you have to wear a turtle neck?" y/n sighed, lifting his head to kiss severus on the mouth, not even letting him respond to the question.

severus kissed back eagerly, reveling in the sharp breaths and gasps he could get y/n to emit. he couldn't get enough of how soft y/n's lips were, how right it felt to be here. for the first time in a long time, severus felt entirely happy.

they pulled away, and y/n laughed, hiding his face in his pillow. severus let a small smile form on his face.

y/n could feel his eyelids grow heavy and sat up so he wouldn't fall asleep.

"will you be staying for the night? or do wish to go to your own quarters now?" y/n asked, shrugging off his robes and laying them over a chair.

"i'd like to stay, if you'll have me," severus said, sitting up in the bed.

"of course," y/n said, turning to smile at severus.

y/n stripped all of his day clothes off, now just in his boxers. severus couldn't help but stare, eyes settling on all of the scars y/n had. he recognized the scar he got from falling out of the tree, but everything else he didn't know the origin of. he got them from being an auror, no doubt.

the most prominent and new scar was a large one that ran from his hip down to just above his knee. it looked deep and painful, and is no doubt the reason y/n has to walk with a cane.

y/n walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out a simple, white t-shirt and pulled it over his head. then he walked back over to the bed and flopped into it, really feeling the exhaustion from the day wear on him.

severus shrugged off some of his own robes, then laid down beside y/n and pulled the covers over them both. y/n scooted as close as humanly possible to severus, wrapping his arms around his torso and resting his head on his chest. and just like that, he was asleep. severus cradled y/n in his arms and ran his fingers through his hair, soothing himself to sleep.

it's dripping with sap guys

anyways, enjoy 💋