"I know. I mean, I dont. But... I dont know how i am supposed to feel about this. There's one side of my brain convincing me this is a trap and the other is remembering all we had done together and saying it makes sense. But I also can't see myself being the good father you seem to believe me to be"

She looked at him, fighting back her own emotions that were threatening to take over. "You are"

"And your certainty there is only feeding into my belief that this is all a lie. Feeding into the idea that this whole time you've just been trying to get close to me and making me believe someone genuinely cares about me. But that you dont. And I dont know what to do. I need time to think about all of this"

Hope took another step back, nearly bumping into a table. "I'll go. I- I'm sorry for causing you to feel that way. I never wanted that" The words spilled out of her mouth before she could stop them, and she headed out of the house quickly,  ignoring the other Mikaelsons questioning her.

Klaus was staring at the doorway Hope had fled from, blinking back tears. He couldn't help but feel he had just made a mistake, but he wasn't sure what to do. Not yet. So he finally turned back to his canvas and started thinking as he painted.

It was a couple of minutes later when Rebekah barged in. "What the hell did you do?"

"Coming from the person who stabbed me, I dont think you should be questioning me on my decisions" Klaus said, not turning to look at her.

"You were planning on leaving me daggered again!" Rebekah defended herself. "You deserved it. Now tell me why my newfound niece just left the house, crying"

Klaus slowly turned to look at Rebekah. "Crying?"

"Yes. Two seconds of you being a father, and you're already ruining it and making her cry"

"I told her i needed time to process all of this. She's the one that decided to leave" he replied, looking at her. "I didn't want her to leave the house"

"Then go after her perhaps" Rebekah said. "Fix things without making a much larger mess"

"I'll talk to her tomorrow" Otherwise the hybrid knew he could make things worse, something he didnt want.

"Whatever. But if you just lost the only person that actually cares about you, then you really screwed up again, which isn't a surprise for any of us"

Rebekah turned and left the art room, leaving Klaus to stare at his painting, unsure of what to do.

------------------------

Hope reached the first house she thought of and knocked on the front door. After a moment, the door opened, revealing the newest Petrova doppelganger.

"Hope?" Elena questioned in surprise at the sight of her.

"Hey, do you mind if I stay here tonight?" she asked.

"Damon might have a few choice words if he finds out. But I don't. Not at all" she stepped to the side to let Hope in

Hope walked inside, clutching the small bag she had quickly grabbed before leaving the mansion.  "Thank you" She carried her bag over to the couch.

"You're welcome. Mind if I ask what's wrong?"

"You just did" Hope joked lightly and wiped the tear that fell. "Just a small falling out with my... with Klaus. It could last a while or be over tomorrow. I'm not sure. He didnt tell me to leave the mansion. But I figured it'd be better to give him space."