Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Professor," Hermione says with her hand back in the air, making Professor McGonagall turn  around, "what exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

"Well, the Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."

"A snake," Regulus states making people turn and look at him.

"It's Salazar Slytherin," he shrugs

The class ex­changed ner­vous looks. Hermione feels a sense of dread at these words; a horrified Ron turns around to look at Draco, who grins smugly at him. Primrose smacks him upside the head.

[The screen switches to show Ron, Harry, and Hermione walking down the corridor]

"Do you think it's true? Do you really think there is a Chamber of Secrets?"

"That's what I'm wondering," Bellatrix mutters with hope in her eyes.

Hermione frowns, "Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are."

Harry looks behind them seeing Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle walk down the corridor "But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it really has been opened, then that means..."

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?" Primrose whispers as she sneaks up behind the trio, scaring them.

They jump back with fright.

"Oh, it's just you prim, scared me."

"Really? I couldn't tell." Said Primrose faking innocence.

Ron sees Draco and Goyle walk past them, with Crabbe running to keep up, "Let's think..." Ron in mock puz­zle­ment, "who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?"

Primrose scoffs, "Please tell me you're not talking about who I think you are."

Hermione looks at Ron unconvinced, "If you're talking about Malfoy..."

"Of course! You heard him: "You'll be next, mudbloods."

"We heard him. But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?" Primrose says with a look of disbelief

Harry frowns at his sister and Hermione, "Well, maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family, the whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries."

"Please, he's too much of a coward," Sirius says, Earning looks from his family.

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling."

Primrose scoffs once again, "Please, Malfoy doesn't tell those idiots shit."

Evan groans, "For once can they just listen to her. I swear she's always right."

"Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult, not to mention, we'd be breaking fifty school rules, and it'll be dangerous, very dangerous." Hermione whispers, looking around.

[In the library, Hermione pulls a book titled "Most Potente Potions" off the shelf, then walks a few rows to where The twins and Ron are.]

"Here it is, the Polyjuice Potion." [She reads from the book] "Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another."

"Wait a minute their only second year? They can't make a successful poly juice potion."

"You mean, if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?"