connection.

*a few hours later*

{I've still gotta make it to the dinner i got an invitation from the headmaster... I've got 10 minutes to get dressed and make it there...}

I quickly grab my school uniform, it seems the white shirt with black lining would be a lot easier to wear with short sleeves... But I grab it anyways, then my skirt, then my stalkings, and then my knee length white boots with black lining. I rush into the bathroom and get the water ready.

(8 minutes later)

I push through bathroom door and grab my brush.

(I know they don't have alarm clocks in this time period, so forgive me..😅)

I look over to the small black box with blood red illuminating numbers that read, "5:59".

{crap! One minute left.}

I pull the brush through my long thigh length hair and brush it as much as I can. Then I set it down and close my eyes. I take a deep breath in, and focus.

A moment later, I appear at the front door of the headmasters house.

{phew... that was close...}

I knock on the door and await a response. I see the doorknob wiggle and then the door comes flying open. I do my best not to respond to the sudden motion but I can't help but flinch when the head master comes out suddenly...

"Welcome! I'm so glad you came! Come on in!" He says as he jumps up in the air attempting to embrace me.

I sidestep him and slowly enter the house. There's a cold atmosphere at first but it soon settles.

{what was that?...}

"No one ever wants a hug..." the headmaster continues, pouting to himself.

{I almost pity him...}

I think, making an awkward and confused expression.

"Alright, alright... Lets head inside!" He enthusiastically says as he jumps up and rushes inside, me following close behind.

{there are so many knew scents here...}

I walk through a doorway, and as soon as I step in, I see Kaname step up as well with the little girl from before. I go to great him but suddenly stop and turn my head towards the silver haired boy with lavender eyes whom comes charging through the doorway and at Kaname and I with table knives.

"Vampires!"

I teleport behind him and avoid getting stabbed, where as Kaname takes one in the forearm. I notice the little girl now behind him being shielded by Kaname's arm.

{he protected her.}

Kaname grabs the knife from the little boy, seemingly around the little girls age, maybe a year or two older. And lets it fall to the ground, making a ringing sound as it clangs. I wince at the sound, as my ears are more sensitive than other purebloods'.

I watch the boy closely to make sure he doesn't attempt it again, but instead he backs up and bumps me. Which causes him to whip around and face me whom he didn't notice was behind him. I raise my eyes brow in response with a kind but empty expression.

"How could you invite two vampires into your house willingly?!" The boy shouts.

My eyes turn to a mix of purples and I peer into his mind nonchalantly, pretending as if I'm waiting for an apology. But my eyes slightly widen appearing slightly surprised, but in reality, I am astonished and confused.

{He's been through a lot... But wasn't that-! Shizuoka?! My aunt?...}

I close my eyes and they quickly return to their normal silvery white color, I gather my thoughts and then re-open them calmly.

"Calm down Zero..." I reassure him in as kind a voice as I can muster, beating the headmaster to it. I give him a sorrowful gaze through my eyes while looking into his lonely and scared but courageous eyes.

"How do you know my name?..." He asks with wide eyes.

I still watch him through my pitiful gaze and flash him a concerned expression as I kneel down.

"I think I can help you." I say.

Earning wide eyes and confusion but curiosity from everyone else in the room.