Chapter 15

Days pass and I don't hear from Dean. We're still stuck in the same hotel so if he calls, I'll know. Brian doesn't suspect a thing. As he's in the shower, I quickly plan a plan for escape, but soon realize he'll probably catch me anyway. Where would I go? I know nothing about Vegas except........Dean's house!

That's it! I can go there until he comes back home. He obviously hasn't heard my message yet and I can't stay here any longer. I have to remember the address. I just have to.

Dean's POV

"Dean, where's your phone?"

"In my bag. Why?"

She shrugs. "Do you have a phone charger with you?"

"Here." I open the glove compartment, pulling out my phone car charger.

We continue to drive along. I'm not sure exactly where to look for her. I haven't got a hint.

"You hungry?" Emma's been awfully quiet on this trip.

"A little."

"I'll pull over if you....."

"No, it's fine. Let's just look for Charlie."

"She can be anywhere. We need a better plan than this."

"What do you suggest we do genius?" She looks at me doubtfully.

I roll my eyes and pull over. I take out my phone and brainstorm where Charlie would go. That's when I see the notification telling me that someone has called. The area code is from Vegas.

I listen to the voicemail. My breath hitches as I hear her voice.

"What's going on?" Emma asks.

I press the speaker button and her eyes widen as she listens to the message.

"She's in Vegas?"

I start the car. "Let's go."

"Wait no, shouldn't we call the hotel back? What if she's still there?"

I praise Emma for the brilliant idea and my hands shake as I press the number. The desk clerk answers immediately.

"Sunshine Inn...."

"This is Dean Ambrose. There was someone who called for me. Her name is Charlie Doucet. She's a little brunette about 5 feet tall. Have you seen her?"

"Ah yes! She's staying in the honeymoon suite with her boyfriend......"

"IM HER FUCKING BOYFRIEND!" I lose it. "Is she still there?"

"Yes."

"Tell her I called and I'm on my way. Make sure you fucking tell her!"

With that, I hang up the phone, looking over to Emma. "We're going to Vegas."

I start the car and speed up quickly, heading the way.

Charlie's POV

"We're going out today." Brian says as he gets out the shower.

"Where?" I guess I have to cooperate and do what he says for now.

He shrugs. "I don't know. I've only been here once let's explore."

I nod and rise to get dressed.

When I'm ready, we head down to the lobby. As we pass, the hotel clerk calls out. "Wait! You're Charlie, right?"

"Um, yeah."

"Your friend called back. He sounded really eager to find you. He's on his way here now and he insisted I tell you." My eyes widen. "He said his name was.....Dean?"

Brian's eyes shoot to mine. Pure anger fills him. "Get the fuck upstairs now!"

I jump back at the snap of his voice. "No!"

"Charlie don't you dare fight with me. Get the fuck upstairs, we're leaving!"

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I turn to the clerk, "Call the cops."

As the desk guy reaches for the phone, Brian randomly pulls out a gun, aiming it towards the helpless guy as a scream escapes from my mouth.

"Brian stop!"

"You fucking touch that phone, I'll blow your brains out!" He threatens. "Now this is how it's gonna go." He looks over at me. "You're gonna go upstairs and we're gonna pack and you're coming with me. And you......" He looks over at the guy, "You're gonna forget what you saw here. You're gonna go back to your dumbass job and not say a word. If I even take a hint that you called the cops I'll come all the way back here and kill you. Understand?"

The guy holds his hands up and nods slowly.

"Alright. Now that we all understand each other." He looks at me. "Go back to the room and get the stuff."

Tears fill my eyes as I run quickly to the elevator.

I make it to the room, full of tears, hoping Dean is somewhere around here.

I look over to the couch to see Brian's key card and phone. His key card. He left it! He's locked out! This is my chance. I rush over to his phone, not knowing the password.

I press emergency call and call Dean quickly.

Dean's POV

My phone rings loudly, making Emma rush to get it.

"Hello?" She answers and I wait eagerly to hear who it is. "OH MY GOD! WHERE ARE YOU?"

"GIVE ME THE PHONE!" I yell. She gives me the phone and I quickly bring it up to my ear. "Charlie?"

Her tears muffle her sweet voice that I'm so longing for. "He.....he has a gun and he's threatening to kill that poor guy downstairs. He'll kill him if I don't get down there soon."

"Baby calm down. Where are you? What happened?" I can barely keep my calm while talking to her.

"Sunshine inn. The desk guy said that you called and Brian heard and now he's taking me away!"

"Where?"

"I don't know!" She cries.

"Can you stall him?"

"No Dean! I can't."

"You need to call the cops!"

"I can't. He'll kill that guy."

"I don't care about that dumbass! I care about you."

"Dean, I'm not just gonna let Brian kill anyone."

"Well what the fuck, Charlie? I'm hours away from fucking Vegas. He better not touch you!"

She cries and cries. "I'm so scared Dean! I don't know what to do and....."

"Calm down. I know exactly what to do, but you have to stay at the hotel for at least 10 minutes."

"I'll try, but......"

"Charlie, you have to okay?"

"Dean....."

"I'm gonna save you. You're gonna be fine. This is all my fucking fault. I'm gonna fix it, then I'm gonna get the hell out of your life."

"Dean!"

"Don't argue with me on this, Charlie. It's what's best for you."

I can hear her crying louder and louder. I hate to break her heart, but it's what needs to be done. I need to get her out of this.

"I love you." I say quietly.

"I love you too."