ᴛᴇɴ | ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ

Start from the beginning

      "Yeah, let me get it." the girl said, and Julie sighed in relief. She didn't know what she would do if she lost that necklace. "Here." Nancy said with a smile, holding her hand out with the bronze jewel in it.

      "Thank you." Julie said honestly, putting her necklace safely around her neck.

      The girls met up with Jonathan at the register, putting everything on the counter and being faced with a very confused shopkeeper.

      "And I'll have four boxes of the
.38s." Jonathan said casually.

      The shopkeeper grabbed the bullets and laid them on the counter. "What you kids doin' with all this?" he asked, and Julie and Nancy made eye contact with furrowed brows.

       "Monster hunting." Nancy said, and Julie looked at the man with a tight lipped smile.

      "Huh." he scoffed, and rung them up for all their equipment.

       Once everything was paid for, courtesy of Julie's most recent paycheck, the teens carried everything to Jonathan's car and shoved it all in the trunk.

      ""Monster hunting"?" Jonathan teased, and Julie snickered.

       "You know, last week... I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like. It took me and Barb all weekend, and we had to get Julie's approval. It seemed like life or death, you know? And... and now--"

      "You're shopping for bear traps and mallets with Juliana Hargrove and Jonathan Byers." Julie cut her off, teasing her.

      "Yeah." Nancy agreed, bumping her shoulder with Julie's.

       "What's the weirdest part?" Jonathan asked. "Us or the bear trap?"

      Nancy looked at both Julie and Jonathan. "You two. It's definitely you two." she said, causing them all the chuckle.

        Julie looked over at the sound of a car horn. "Hey, Nance! Jules! Can't wait to see your movie." some teen laughed, driving by.

      "What the hell was that?" Jonathan asked, but neither Julie nor Nancy knew the answer.

      "I don't know." Nancy said, but Julie had an idea.

      She snapped around and walked off in a different direction. Jonathan and Nancy followed her. "Hey! Where are you going?" Jonathan called after her.

      "Jules, wait!" Nancy shouted, following Julie as she broke out into a jog, crossing the street and coming face to face with the movie theater.

      As Julie looked up at the handiwork done by someone in red paint, Nancy joined her at her side, tears brimming her eyes. 'ALL THE RIGHT MOVES starring Nancy The Slut Wheeler, Guest Starring Julie The Felon Hargrove' Julie chuckled bitterly, biting her tongue to keep from lashing out.

      "Shocked? Not really." Julie muttered to herself, rolling her eyes. It didn't bother her what high schoolers thought of her, but she knew it was getting to Nancy. From the alley beside the thearter, Nancy heard Tommy H's voice and a can of spray paint. She took off in a fast paced walk towards the sound, and Julie sighed.

      "Son of a bitch." she said to Jonathan, pulling his arm to get him to come with her. Julie arrived at the alley just in time to see Nancy slap Steve Harrington across the face.

      Julie, with a stunned expression on her face walked up to Nancy until she was slightly behind her, looking at Steve and his friends.

      "You don't want to be known as the lying slut now, do you?" Carol taunted, and Julie felt the need to stand up for her best friend.