"Not that we'll eventually have no connection or even stay locked up and not get out until the next morning!" protested Sunghoon, but I denied it and stretched extensively. "Trust me Hoon, I'll wake you up in time. Or should I set an alarm?", I suggested, lazily running my hand through his tousled hair. "No, otherwise we'll wake up the whole train..." He considered for a moment. "Alright, I trust you..." he admitted defeatedly, yawned tiredly, and slowly took off his shoes. Then he put his feet on the opposite side of the seat. He rested his head on the window, while I gently laid my head on his lap and rested my legs slightly bent on the other side of the seat. Shortly thereafter we both closed our eyes and dozed a bit.

(...)

A zipper was heard, which is why my eyes opened sleepily but at the same time surprised.

Have we been to our station yet?

My eyes fell on Sunghoon's long legs until I realized that I was still lying on his lap.

And was that... had I seriously drooled on his jeans?

With my sweater sleeve, I tried to wipe away the drool as best I could, but I didn't succeed. But then I remembered what I wanted to do, which is why I sat up slowly and stretched out my neck to the scoreboard.

We had exactly ten minutes left until we arrive at our station.

Sunghoon woke up because of my movements and reflexively pulled me down again, whereupon he began to play with my lock of hair. After that, he let his hand rest on my head.
"We still have 10 minutes," I whispered. "Then we have a little time to rest. Got tinnitus," Sunghoon laughed sleepily and kissed me on the mop of my hair before continuing with the head-scratching. My hand, however, wandered to his broad shoulder, while with the other I pulled first mine and then Hoon's mask down to his chin. Gently, my fingers clawed at his hoodie, my torso lifting slightly. Carefully I pressed a gentle and soft kiss on his lips before I pulled our masks back up and made myself comfortable again.

I didn't know exactly why I was doing this, but I needed a confirmation kiss for some reason, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And yes, I still couldn't believe that Sunghoon and I were now a couple.

Our hands intertwined; my lips twisted into a satisfied grin. I enjoyed our togetherness and wanted to be trapped in this time forever. But a strange clearing of a throat made me disappear from this bubble.
"Well, you two?"

Was that a controller? You are welcome to have our Brave Girls tickets, swish, please!

Annoyed, I slowly let my eyes open. But when I saw a familiar person peeking between the seats across from us, I wanted to close my eyes again. Startled, my body jerked, and without thinking for long, I pulled the cords of Sunghoon's hoodie as if by remote control to cover his face.

Oh God, could he even breathe with the mask and hoodie on his face?

I ran my hand through my messy hair. Hesitantly, I looked at the person again.
"What is it? Am I a ghost or why are you looking at me like that?"

It was none other than Jay Park from the ice hockey team. I thought at this time of the day only shady characters and some riffraff were hanging around, but not Jay Park!

Jay rose from his seat, came into our compartment, and settled down across from us. He had his typical party sunglasses on and a lollipop in his mouth. Sunghoon immediately pulled his legs back and groped blindly for his shoes, which he immediately put on.
"Hello," I stammered.

Did he see us kissing? Shit, I should be more careful in public.

"Did you have a cozy time? Did I disturb you? Who is that anyway?" inquired Jay, pointing his chin at Sunghoon.
"That um... is my cousin," I lied. "He's very tired, that's why he has the hoodie on his face!"
"You're cousins? But didn't you just... well... I mean... yolo, sweet home Alabama...? Thought stuff like that only happened in Ohio," Jay muttered, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment.

Lord, he really saw us kissing. Damn, how do I talk my way out of this?

"What do you mean? That's Hanbin's cousin, Chinwon. Or did you really think that was my cousin right now, haha?", I laughed hysterically. "You know half my relatives live in Australia, so why would my cousin be here!", I tried to talk my way out of it a little too nervously. To that end, I hoped he was drunk enough that I could confuse and mislead him with my ramblings. "Ah, must have misunderstood you, my soju in is just up there!" With his hand, he indicated the height of his alcohol level. "No kidding, I thought that guy was Sunghoon, that ice-cold ice prince there," he chuckled.

If you only knew that you hit the bull's eye...

"Alright, hi Chinwon! I'm a good friend of Jake's, Jay!" he said and extended his hand to Sunghoon, but he didn't take it.

Well, obviously Sunghoon could not see. I wondered how it looked with the O2 stand with him...

"He's a little hoarse and very tired, we were at the Brave Girls concert!", I tried to excuse Sunghoon's behavior. "But then he can still shake my hand, right?"
"He can't see anything because of the hoodie on his face," I cleared my throat. Suspiciously, Jay pulled down his glasses. "Shit, how red are your eyes! Also, you smell like smoke and alcohol, have you been to one of those raves again? Alone? Without your party buddy Jungwon?", I tried to change the subject, but Jay pulled his glasses back up and took the lollipop in his hand before pointing it at me.
"Very red. Yes. Yes. Yes, Won didn't have time because he'd rather hang out with his girlfriend today, you know? By the way, are you pink?"

Pink? Gay? What does everyone have with this pink?

"No."
"But you kissed Chinwon just now, didn't you? He's obviously a man, after all."
"I didn't."
"But..."

Why was he so pushy?

"You just imagined it!"
"So, no hookup or anything like that?"
"Jay, please...", I said, looking at him annoyed. "Ok sorry. I'm going to go to the bathroom to hide, saw some ticket inspectors earlier... was too cheap to buy a ticket. See you soon, bye," Jay said goodbye without any more penetrating questions and vamoosed. "Bye!"