Chapter 41: Confessions

Start from the beginning

I laid awake in bed, I still couldn't believe that I hadn't told Alex the truth, or at least what I thought was the truth.

I didn't want this secret to keep eating me alive anymore. If Sebastian could hide it from Alex for so long, I could wait to tell him after a few days. I didn't know how he would react.

"Come on, let's get out of bed," I heard Alex say.

"I want to stay in and sleep." I groaned.

"I want to get out of here before Lisha thinks of another crazy thing to do," he said.

That did sound like a good idea, I didn't want to face her today either. We would be leaving tomorrow anyway, tonight Steven and I were going to have our meeting, maybe it was a great idea to go out, even if it was with Alex.

By the time I returned from the bathroom, Alex was already fully dressed. Strands of his hair dangling in his face with two of his top buttons left open.

I suddenly felt hot.

How was I supposed to not fall in love with him when he looks like that, my poor heart stood no chance.

But I had to get him out of my head, there was no way anything could happen between us. 'Just remember how mean he is,' I reminded myself.

"We should go," I said walking past him.

We sneaked out of the hotel not wanting to get caught.

"Where are we going anyways," I whispered to him walking down the stairs.

"Just to get something to eat, I have a meeting later on." He answered.

Alex managed to get a car within minutes, it was a navy-blue Audi.

I placed my hand on the door handle, and just then Alex reached for the door as well to open the door for me. For those few seconds that our hands were in contact, I felt an electric shock.

We entered a car. With Alex as the driver, he seemed pretty familiar with the roads.

I noticed Alex smiling throughout the entire drive, it made me wonder what he was thinking.

Just like most of the restaurants around here, it was close to the lake. It was out in the open with flowers decorating the place.

He pulled out the chair for me to sit.

"Why are you acting so nice?" I asked.

"So, if I'm being nice, I'm suspicious but when I'm rude I'm an 'asshat'" He answered quoting my words. 

"Oh shit," He whispered to himself.

I noticed him hiding behind the menu. What was he hiding from?

"Alex," A girl yelled walking towards our table.

"Alisha," Alex said.

"It's Alison," She corrected. "How have you been handsome," She spoke running her hand across Alexander's arm.

It takes some level of low self-esteem for you to want a guy who doesn't even remember your name.

She looked at me rolling her eyes then returned her attention to Alex.

"You never called back," she said to Alex.

"Zoe, could you excuse us for a moment," Alex said.

Alex took Alison aside, to the far end of the restaurant.

He probably needed a more 'private' space to flirt with her. He really was shameless.

He was free to live his life.