Ch.3

"Running"

I sat silently in an office as I tightly clench my palms. Their eyes never seemed to leave me even after I showed them my discomfort. The silents got louder and louder with every second that had past. 

"So, is anyone going to tell me why I'm here?" I asked desperately, breaking the silence. A man with short, somewhat unruly dark drown hair cleared his throat but before speaking

" Sorry Y/n L/n, I'm Captain Obi, leader of Special Fire Force Company 8 and this is my crew!" he said before happily swinging in arms to present them.  I forced a creak smile as I watched all of them give me a small wave.

" That's cool and all but why am I here?" I tried to say in a friendly tone. 

" Before I answer that question why don't we all introduce ourselves Miss.l/n!" 

" I- no that's ok! It's not like I'll be here for that long and no offense; I don't want to get to know you." 

"Ouch," Obi said dramatically, placing his right hand over his forehead and slightly falling backward but not to the point of falling. I stared at him wildly.  

" Um, I'm sorry Captain Obi, right? Yeah. ok, but I don't see this as a laughing matter. You either tell me why I'm here or I'm leaving."  

Captain Obi was taken back by my sternest. He awkwardly cleared his throat before standing up straight. " Right, sorry miss. l/n, let's get to business. In order to ensure your safety, you will be staying here under the supervision of company 8 for a while. It seems like a very powerful group called the White-Clad is trying to bring the end of the world and you are one of the keys to doing so." 

I froze in place as he looked at me, a serious expression plastered on his face. Once I was done processing the information he said I could help but laugh. 

"You're kidding right, some white-clad group wants to end the world with me. Do you really think I was born yesterday?"

Having felt embarrassed after no one else joined my laughter, I decided to stop laughing, cleared my throat, and made my way to the door.

 "Miss. L/n, Where are you going?"  a nun interrupted. She had short blonde hair, blue eyes, and a curvy figure. I didn't bother to look back as my hand pulled the large door open.

" Home!"

" But-" The sister started but then was cut off by Captain Obi. " No one will be there to welcome you."

I stopped, "What?" I asked before turning my head towards him. " What do you mean by that? "

"The White-Clad members kidnaped your family. That night they came after you, they were taken." he continued. It when silence one again

"Don't fuck with me, Obi. They couldn't have been taken if you were in the house with me. "

Ōbi seemed to look away from me in disappointment, avoiding my eyes as I stared.

" Obi? Tell me your lying....TELL ME YOU'RE NOT FUCKING WITH ME RIGHT NOW!"

"I apologize, but what captain Obi said was true. " the boy with red eyes confirmed, his tone was soft and cramped, almost as if he wanted to break into tears. I glanced at him as my hand sat heavily on top of the room's door knob. He stared straight into my eyes as he talked to me. I hated that. "Immediately after we hear you screaming we rushed upstairs to help you and once we got you under control we when back downstairs and saw that they were gone. At first, we didn't think much of it until we saw the note, they were abducted. I'm sorry." he continued.