Ch.1

"I Hate____...."

"𝗬/𝗻, 𝗬/𝗻! 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘂𝗽!"

I groan as Mr.Yoshida calls for me," It's too early to get up" I wined as I pull my covers over my head trying to block out the sun's bright waves. " Y/n you have a morning shift today so get up and eat!"

" What! But I didn't-"

" Stop talking back and get up," he said this time in a stern voice. "Fine fine I'm getting up!" I said as I pulled the covers off of me and sat up.

" Great be down in 15 minutes, " He said going back to his original tone of voice.

I sighed before sitting up. It took a while to open my eyes but my feet moved on their own to the bathroom. I opened up the toilet seat and sat down to do my business. By the time I was done I was fully awake, I walked over to the sink and quickly washed my hands, then grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth. The taste of mint infatuated my mouth as I slowly scrubbed every inch of it. I then gargled mouthwash and pulled out facewash, washed my face, and then slid my butterfly locs in a black ponytail but not before taking my bonnet off.

Taking some clothes from my bedside drawers, I chose a brown sweatshirt with the words ' everything has beauty ' on the front, along with some black jeans. Once I had put my clothes on and grabbed my air force ones, I walked down the stairs. Immediately, the smell of freshly prepared eggs and sausage flooded my nostrils. As soon as I reached the kitchen doorway, I slid my shoes on and headed into the room 

" Good morning Mr. Yoshida" I said as I took a seat at the table. I poured a glass of water and drank it. A rush of cold water down my throat soothed my nerves and quenched my thirst. When I placed the cup down, Mr. Yoshida placed a plate in front of me. On it was a plate of his famous breakfast sandwich. My mouth watered at the sight of it. As I took my first bite of it, I felt like I was in heaven, my warm egg yolk spilling over my homemade hashbrown, paired with the homemade bagel. The sausage added a great smoky taste to the dish and tied it all together.

My head turned dramatically towards Mr. Yoshida. "You have outdone yourself once again, Mr. Yoshida." I said, my eyes welling up with tears.

" You're welcome!" he laughed as he took a seat in front of me. Mr. Yoshida is a wonderful chef. He even has a restaurant which is what he was referring to earlier. You see, I work there as well. I'm guessing he's taking the day off today. Usually, he is the head chef, but if he is not there, I take his place. Other than being a chef, he's my landlord and kind of a role model in my life. I respect him deeply. As I finished my sandwich, I grabbed my coat off the coat hanger and began to walk out of the room. " Bye Mr. Yoshida! I'll see you later"

" Make sure you come back early tonight! I'm making Red Curry Hot Pot today!" he replied.

My eyes lit up in excitement." I'll be back by 7" I replied before closing the front door. Stepping out of the door, I immediately noticed the damp air and the strong smell of saltwater that permeated the air. I imagined it would rain soon as I began to walk towards the restaurant.

On my way to the restaurant, I noticed a crowd gathered around a small apartment complex. It looked like the second floor had three windows that had heavy amounts of smoke coming out of them. Everybody in the complex was evacuated by the usual firefighters. Several people were crying and holding each other very closely until someone yelled, "Fire force just arrived!"

So someone turned into an Infernal. I sighed as I walked away, I caught a glimpse of the company. "Company 8", I thought to myself. " they have been the talk of the town recently. The work the special fire forces have to do honestly scared me. I didn't have the guts to put someone down.