Untitled Part 1

Today was a special day in theSanctuary. A wedding was a rare event among Saints at all, sincerelationships usually did not find time in the Saints' duties or werekept completely secret. What made it even more special was the factthat a Gold Saint was the one who got married. Even more so, one ofthe Gold Saints you would have least expected to.

Athena hadsuspended all rules for this day. Female Saints did not have to wearmasks and instead of their cloths, everyone was nobly dressed inmodern evening attire and festive dresses.

The fear, that opponents could use thisto launch a surprise attack was already nipped in the bud by thegoddess and her strongest ranks of Saints. The Palladium Saints hadguards stationed everywhere, and thanks to Sora's unmanned drones,everyone was able to attend the wedding while the drones flew aroundthe Sanctuary recording any abnormalities.

Everything was supposed to be perfectand quiet today - and if there was an attack, the Saints' armorchests were on standby.

"Hey, you guys. You're supposedto decorate the entire way to the Grand Pope's palace with garlandsand white roses, not just five meters!" Hiroshi, the leader ofthe Palladium Saints, shouted as he was patrolling with his two bestcomrades, Sora and your brother. This day was also special for himbecause the bride were you.

"Excuse me sir, but we can'tfind Aphrodite. We've run out of roses!" one of the Saintscalled back, saluting.

"... Then will you kindly go toRodorio and get some from a flower store?"

"Easythere, Hiro, you're almost acting like it's your own wedding."your brother smirked, patting his best friend on the shoulder.

"Oneof us has to be excited! You don't even seem to care that your sisterdidn't even pick you as the best man. Not even as the person to walkher down the aisle." the redhead shook his headuncomprehendingly. Your brother smiled.

"I know. But Ialso know how close she is to the Gold Saints and that's why this daybelongs to them alone. I don't care about such things. I'd muchrather be best man to someone I'm good friends with myself, like youfor example. But honestly, I'm not that close to Milo," he thenadmitted.

"I get it, buddy. Then I'll be looking forsomeone to marry soon too!"

"Hahaha, okay."

Atthe same time, you and your groom were being prepared in two separatechambers by the other Gold Saints. With you was just Aphrodite, whowas doing your makeup and also helping you choose a dress. The PiscesGold Saint was using a mascara on your eyelashes and sigheddreamily.

"You look simply stunning, my dear. We'll haveto take care of Milo, otherwise he will take you right there whileyou're still at the altar," he joked with a giggle.

You smiled and blushed a little, forsuch a compliment from the most beautiful Saint was something thatpushed your ego.

"Thank you, Aphrodite. I owe it to you,though. You chose the outfit perfectly and the makeup you put on meis both subtle and not too overbearing. You'd do very well as abeautician," you said with a laugh.

"Oya, ifworking as a Gold Saint wasn't so time-consuming, I would have openedmy own little beauty salon long ago," Aphrodite replied with amelodramatic sigh, lifting your chin to check how his makeup waslooking and if he had forgotten anything.

"There we go. You are ready forthe most beautiful day of your life~" he then nodded.

"Thankyou, Aphrodite."

"You're more than welcome, mydearest. The ceremony will begin in 30 minutes, I will join theothers before then and you can spend the last few minutes ponderingyour time when you were still unattached. Muu will pick you uplater," Aphrodite winked and breathed a platonic kiss on theback of your hand before rising from his seat and leaving the room.

Once outside, he caught sight ofDeathmask, Shura, and Dohko, who had been back to his young self forquite some time. "What are you guys doing here? Aren't yousupposed to be helping Milo with his marriage vows? You know this manhas no vein for poetry!" he scolded his comrades with a raisedforefinger.

Shura sighed and pointed at his two companions."Those two were always making such stupid suggestions, so hethrew us out eventually."

"Hey, why is '_____, Ilove your hot ass' a stupid suggestion?", Deathmask defendedhimself against the accusation, and Aphrodite slapped his hand overhis face.

"Jerk."

You got up from your seatand walked over to a large mirror to look at yourself. Even for you,it was still hard to comprehend that you were getting married today.You looked down at yourself and spun around a few times in front ofthe mirror to look at your attire.