Prolouge

Clank clank clank

The sound of robotic arms running for their life. Several sirens behind him, as he used his arms for movement. Having no legs, and only a upper body really limits him, but onward he pressed to get away from the people that wanted to test on him.

Taking a sharp turn into a alleyway, he waited, hoping he got away. 

But that's when he heard it. 

Something fell over behind him, which caused him to instantly turn around in a small panic. There was a child right there, trying to hide behind the small things in the alleyway, but failed. 

It was a small girl. Her hair was incredibly dirty, as well as her clothes. Holes were all over her clothes too, while bags were under her eyes. A homeless child, just as scared as him.

Both of them made eye contact. The robot's red eyes glowed from uncertainty. Neither one spoke. 

Unill there was several sirens coming from the entrance of the alleyway.

The child whimpered and backed away. KB, with no other choice, got closer to the child. He quickly grabbed her in a swift motion, and merged with her.

She screamed in pain, but it was all over in just a couple seconds.

"What the hell was that?!" A deep male voice was heard.

The child was laying on the floor, completly confused. She sat up, and looked around.

The robot was gone.

Several footsteps rapidly approached her. She turned to see several police officers. "Oh, it's just a little girl. Hey there kiddo." One kneeled down. "Are you homeless?" They asked.

She nodded, but didn't say anything.

"Should we just leave her?" Another one asked.

"Leave a homeless child abanonded in the alleyway?! Fuck no. We can find that robot another time. Let's get this girl somewhere safe, like the adoption shelter. They'll take her in."

The small group nodded, as they calmed the girl down. They gained her trust as she started walking with them to their car. "What's your name kiddo?" One of them asked as they all arrived at the car.

The girl swallowed her spit. "I'm Kaylee."

"Well it's nice to meet you Kaylee. We're just going to take you to the adoption shelter, okay?" They said as they opened the back seat to the police car.

Kaylee didn't respond, but she got inside the car.

---------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at the place where Kaylee would spend some much needed time indoors. Getting out of the car, the couple of police men took her inside, and explained what happened to the owner of the place. They agreed to take Kaylee in, like they welcomed several other kids in need of homes.

The police dropped Kaylee off, and left the place. A caretaker walked up to her, and welcomed her to her new home for now. They showed her around, before leading her to the bathroom to get clean.

----------------------------------------------------------

After getting into new clothes, Kaylee looked great. Her hair and skin were clean, and she was in some nice pink clothes. 

After that was sorted out, her caretaker brought her along to meet some other kids. None of which she remembered the name of, but she met them.

And just like that, she was left alone in a corner of the place. She was there by choice. She was scared.