The Record Player

I woke up the next morning with a terrible hangover. I tapped Eddie to make sure he was awake too. He woke up and rubbed his head, from the looks of it he also had a hangover.

"Good morning," Eddie said, still looking tired.

"Good morning," I looked at him.

He smiled. "Bad hangover?" he laughed.

"Mhm," I said, my head throbbing.

"Me too," he replied before pausing for a moment. "Do you... do you remember what happened last night?," he asked while twisting the rings on his fingers.

"Yeah, I remember one of Eddie's jock friends being thrown up into the air just like Chrissy...," I said before he interrupted me.

"That's not what I meant," he let out a nervous laugh, still twisting his rings.

"Oh?," I questioned.

"I meant uhm... with us," he said, now lifting his eyes from his rings and bringing them to my eyes.

I paused for a moment to think.

"Ohhhh I remember, yeah yeah, we played that drunk game of truth or dare," I said.

"Yeah... , anything else?" he questioned.

I felt my face getting hot as my cheeks turned red.

"We kissed...," I managed to get out.

"Yeah...," he said looking a bit nervous or embarrassed.

I felt like he was embarrassed that he had kissed me and regretted it so I tried to play it off.

"Well it's ok, it was just a stupid game of truth or dare," I said, playfully nudging him in the shoulder as I got up from off the ground.

I didn't look back to see his reaction, I was too embarrassed, and clearly he must've been too.

For a couple of minutes there was silence.

"So," Eddie said as he got up and put his back against the skull rock, "Crazy to think this town definitely thinks were murderers," he finished.

"Yeah," I sighed while leaning my back against the place next to him.

"Hey y/n...," Eddie turned to me.

"Yeah?," I said looking confused.

"About last night... I-," he started but got cut off by Dustin and the rest of his friends appeared.

"Hey guys," Dustin said.

"Hey," I replied but then turned back to look at Eddie, "what were you gonna say?," I asked.

"Uhm.... it's nothing, i'll tell you later," he smiled.

{A/N: ok so this next part is basically gonna go off of the st4 storyline bc i don't want stop being able to update before volume 2 comes out so i'm sorry if this makes no sense🫶}

Dustin filled us in on their plan and said we would travel to the gate whenever they were ready but until then we were supposed to hide in an abandoned house in the woods that; according to everyone; used to belong to the girl with superpowers.

Once we were there it was kind of obvious to see that the place was out of shape but Eddie and I didn't mind.

It was around 11pm when they left me and Eddie alone in the house, we did a little bit of searching through the house which felt wrong but we couldn't help ourselves.

I stumbled upon a record player which; to my surprise; actually worked.

I was looking through the dusty and mostly broken piles of records before I found something that made me gasp so loudly that Eddie ran into the room.

"What's wrong?," Eddie asked looking concerned.

"Look... at what I just found," I said nodding my head to emphasize my excitement.

"Holy shit, how crazy is that," He smiled.

I put the record in and "Head Over Heels," started playing. I could feel the beat in the air and it made it seem like everything was ok again, like Eddie and I weren't being hunted for a murder we didn't commit.

After a few seconds I was pulled back to reality, "Oh yeah," I tapped Eddie as he had his eyes closed listening to the music, "what was it you were gonna tell me earlier?"

"Oh right.... uhm... about last night... i'm sorry for daring you to kiss me," he said looking ashamed.

"What, no no, it's fine, it was just a game of truth or dare right?," I said, trying to make him feel better.

"That's the thing, to me,.... it wasn't just a dare... I really wanted to.... to....-," he managed.

"... to kiss me?," I finished for him.

"Yeah," he said as his cheeks turned red.

"Oh," I said as my cheeks turned an even brighter shade of red.

"You keep your distance via the system of touch... And gentle persuasion," the song went on.

He looked up at me through his curled bangs.

"I uhm... I still kind of do actually," he said, rubbing his hand on his neck as he let out a nervous laugh.

"I-.... I... do... too...," I said, feeling as if at any moment he would say he was just joking.

He looked back up through his bangs then lifted his head up to face mine with a shocked look in his eye.

"I'm lost in admiration, could I need you this much? Oh, you're wasting my time."

"Can... I... Can I kiss you," he asked.

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach and I knew I wouldn't be able to talk so I just nodded my head.

And, as if on perfect timing, our lips collided, matching with the chorus of the song.

"Something happens and I'm head over heels
I never find out until I'm head over heels."

I felt his cold rings touch my face then move to my back.

I put my arms around his shoulders and my hands in his beautiful curled hair.

We danced around and continued to kiss as the song went on.

At one point in the song, Eddie's lips departed from mine.

"Is something wrong," I asked, looking up at him confused.

"Y/n... as desperate as this sounds... these past few days with you have been amazing... I think... I think I like you y/n," he said as he rested his chin on my head.

I smiled.

"I think I like you too Munson," I said as I rested my face on his chest as we kept dancing.

After a few more moments Eddie lifted my chin up with his hand, smiled, and kissed me once again.

I kissed back.

{A/n: sorry if this is bad I was fr abt to fall asleep😩}