"You guys wanna watch a movie?!"

"Sure."

"Okay."

Cynthia turns on a movie, thankfully one all of them have seen before so they can all make comments about it. By halfway through the movie Malcolm has forgotten all the stress. The Krelboynes help him with that a lot, taking his mind off of everything he worries about, even if it is only for 2 hours, he's thankful. Though sometimes they all add with the stress but that's mostly when they all get stressed about it too, a thing that makes them all connected in another way. A way that makes Malcolm happy to be a Krelboyne. His family never got why he would be stressed and still not understanding when he tried to rant to them about it. Now he has a second family, one of outcasts. Whatever they get called, nerds, geeks, dorks, dweebs, pointdexters even though that one is mostly just Mr. Herkabe, weenie, everything in the book. They get called most of anything that anyone thinks is funny. They don't find it funny but at least they get called it together.

Some of them have actually started standing up for themselves. And when they do and the person they stand up to tries to attack them, Reese is there. Sometimes it's almost like he teleports. Over the years he's changed a lot too, definitely not the same person he was when his little brother became a Krelboyne, although he still acts the same most of the time, a lot has changed for everyone.

After the movie ends Lloyd stand up, "Crap I have to get home!!"

Malcolm looks at the time, "I probably should too, hey Cynthia-"

"My dad and I will get Stevie home safe don't worry."

"You are amazing."

Malcolm and Lloyd start walking side by side. Lloyds house is a few streets after Malcolm's but Malcolm always walks  any of the Krelboynes home that need it and even though Lloyd has actually been taking self defense classes and has gotten surprisingly good with it over these past few months, Malcolm still worries for his friends.

Once Lloyd is home, Malcolm walks back home, when he walks in, he smells food. Good food? Something must be happening or something.

Malcolm takes a shower then walks out at the perfect time for dinner. Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and everyone gets a soda. Really weird.

Everyone sits down and digs in, with Lois feeding Jamie between her own bites. Halfway through eating Lois clears her throat twice making everyone look at her and stop eating and talk at once.

"Honey I didn't do it!"

"Mom Dewey did it!!"

"Liar Malcolm did it I saw it!!"

"What?! No I didn't mom I swear-"

"Calm down. I actually have an announcement about Malcolm."

Oh god. Why is it always me?

"Mom I'm already a Krelboyne, what's next?"

"Watch your attitude. I got a letter from the school saying you have been accepted into a Academic Octathlon. You got into a smart test!"

"What?!"

Malcolm stands up.

"What? Aren't you excited?! The letter says it's the hardest competition ever made and gifted kids all over the world will be there."

"I don't want to go."

"Too bad, the hotel room and everything else is already paid for.

"Well honey-"

"I already made plans for the kids to be gone the days you are so me and your father get the house to ourselves."

"Ooooh? The house to ourselves?"

"Mhm."

"Please go son. I mean how bad could it be? If you win great, if not, free food!! What Wilkerson passes up free food?!"

Malcolm goes quiet. He's heard of this quiz, he never wanted to be entered into it himself though. He moves his plate to Reese then quickly stands up running to his room, slamming the door behind him. Nobody goes to check on him. They all continue to silently eat. Thousands of thoughts run through Malcolm's head.

Why don't I get a choice?

Who else has entered?

Who entered me?

Did they just randomly pick us?

Why is this happening?

No. He refuses to go. If he does he'll blow a gasket, there's no way he could make it through this without at least yelling at someone. He's already under pressure, if he's forced to go, can he make it through? He doesn't think so.