006.

KJ WAS GONE WHEN JASON WOKE UP.      He'd be lying if he knew that KJ had been shuffling around beneath the sheets but Jason honestly slept like the fucking dead. And given that he had found his head on KJ's arm in the middle of the night, he was a little concerned for how deep of a sleep he was in to not notice.

     It didn't take long for Jason to find KJ in the training room, punching away at a punching bag, his actions and reactions quick and precise. Jason watched him in silence before making himself known the only way he knew how.

     "Keep tension here." Jason was quick in placing a hand on KJ's abdomen. KJ sucked in a sharp breath, stilling himself and stopping from swinging on the brunette that popped up out of nowhere.

     "Jesus, Jason," KJ muttered, "I almost knocked you out. Don't sneak up on me, especially to do that."

     "I could spot your terrible posture from a mile away," Jason smirked, still making no move to take his hand off. "I needed to save you from making a grave mistake."

     "Or you just wanted an excuse to touch me."

     "That was actually an afterthought." Jason slowly let a finger wander its way underneath KJ's t-shirt, hearing his breathing sharpen and hitch. KJ stiffened at the action, bowing his head and the two just stood there for a moment, the same way they did last night. Jason pushed himself to move his hand under and KJ was doing his best not to react, waiting for Jason to give up. But having known Jason for a handful of years, he'd quit when he was dead.

     Jason went on to rest his chin on KJ's shoulder, his mouth awfully close to KJ's ear.

     "Jay, it is eight in the morning. What happened to class?" KJ finally asked, his hand ready to grab Jason's wrist and pull him away. His nerve endings had caught fire and he was feeling himself go into fight or flight mode, his head spinning fast enough to make him lightheaded.

     "You're not stopping me." Jason moved away to hold the punching bag still as KJ resumed his training—KJ wasn't sure if it was a weight off of his shoulders or an emptiness when Jason finally let him go. There was another silent pause, save for the occasional punches KJ threw. Jason spoke up. "Did you mean what you said?"

     "What?" KJ asked, continuing his movements.

     "Last night. The thing you said about missing me. Did you mean it?"

     KJ stopped again, sighing. "Yeah. I did. I don't know if that changes anything, though."

     "You say like I didn't have my hand up your shirt a minute ago."

     "I thought about pulling away."

     "But you didn't." Jason quirked a brow.

     "I was stuck in a concrete box by myself for three years," KJ retorted playfully, "excuse me for indulging a little."