Chapter 9: Meet Me Tonight

As me and Mary were driving, a city limits sign came into view.
"Atlantic City," Mary said, gaining a lot of courage, considering we were convicted of murder.
"It's a whole lot bigger than Newport, that's for sure." I said.
"So, what do you think's going to happen to us?" Mary, her eyes glimmering in the moonlight, fearfully asked.
"I really don't know, but I think I have a plan." I said, with a very complex plan written up in my mind. It probably wouldn't work, but that was ok. I had been thinking best case scenario the whole time. So I had a plan, but I realized that the cops would hunt down my family, especially Sydney, and if they weren't there, the cops might give up. Or at least, that was my logic. I had been up all night, cut me some slack. So, we headed down the road to a payphone, and I called Sydney.
"Who is this?" She said, startled that someone would call her at three in the morning.
"It's me, Scott. Look, Sydney, you've got to listen to me. Long story short, me and Mary are convicted of murder, but we didn't do it."
"MURDER?!?"
"Yes, murder. But we didn't do it."
"THEN WHO DID IT?!?"
"You remember the Boyds? The really preppy kids from high school. They were two grades below you, but you should---"
"Yes, I remember them. Who did they kill?"
"My friend Johnny Cage."
"The one that stuck a spray can up---"
"Yes, yes, that one. Now, the cops will come question you before too long, so you've got to get out of there. We're in Atlantic City right now. Be there in 2 hours. We'll meet you at the 7/11."
"So what do I need to do?"
"Meet me tonight in Atlantic City."
"I'll be there."