"Hmm an asshole?"

"Alright, fuck off" He joked, pointing to the direction of the Gryffindor common room.

"I'll see you later" I sang as I walked away.

I walked back to the common room, feeling a different range of emotions, from sadness to excitement. I tried to stay on one positive emotion, however, all I started to feel was anxiety for Xavier.

I walked into my room to see the other girls getting ready.

Mary, Alice and Lily weren't exactly the best roommates. Our first interaction was rather...weird. Mary and Alice constantly looked at Lily when they introduced themselves, almost as if asking for permission.

Lily was very entitled in a way, which I commended her for, she had every right to act that way. Every so often I would hear a Slytherin call her a 'mudblood', which no one deserved. She was smart and she proved herself every time she went to class, she turned that anger into motivation.

I knew it wasn't the best idea to push for a friendship with Lily, considering the fact that Dorcas and Marlene had told me about Amos cheating on her with me.

Either way, I knew her anger was misplaced and I tried to understand her. She didn't know the full story and she didn't want to hear it, so I let her stay in a delusional mind set until she was ready.

"You okay?" Marlene asked, walking over to me as I bent over and looked through my luggage.

"Y-yeah" I mumbled, feeling my hands getting shakier by the minute. "I'm okay"

"We don't have to go tonight" She whispered, bending down to my level. "I'll go in, steal a bottle and we'll stay here, yeah?"

"Steal a joint instead" I muttered, sitting on the floor, angrily taking my gloves off and running my hands through my hair. "And Dorcas"

"I'm not enough?" She scoffed, quickly glancing back when she heard the other girls talk amongst themselves.

"You're enough and then some"

"Cute, but you're not my type" She scoffed. "Besides, she's shagging Michael tonight"

"Bros over hoes"

"Not when your boyfriend is a billionaire" She rolled her eyes, standing up and checking her watch. "Give me 5 minutes to do my hair and then i'll be back in 30"

"Marls, you don't have to do this" I said, standing up.

"I want to" She reassured.

"But-"

"Shut up and let me be nice" She chuckled and walked away to her night table.

I sighed and observed the room, noticing how beautiful they all looked, feeling bummed that I couldn't keep myself together.

I looked back at my luggage and noticed the sparkly outfit I had packed. It was a hand me down from my mom, there were dozens of pictures of her with it on. It was a bit promiscuous, but I didn't care that much.

I gently took it out and had an internal debate with my bipolar mind.

Fuck it.

I walked over to Marls and said "We'll be in and out"

"That's what he said"

"Is that what you're wearing?" Lily abruptly spoke, covering her mouth to suppress her laugh.

Mary and Alice were sitting on their beds with a worried look, flickering their eyes between us like a tennis match.

"Yeah, is there a problem?" I quickly said, looking at her with no emotion.