Chapter 6: Getting Acquainted

ابدأ من البداية

"Now let's not be hasty." Mrs. Van Dort said.

"The town crier probably just had a slow news day. You know how it is, you need a little something to cry about." Mr. Van Dort defended.

"Regardless, we are a bride short for the wedding tomorrow. Not to mention the financial implications." Lord Everglot informed.

"A most scandalous embarrassment for us all." Lady Everglot said.

"Aren't you going to send someone to find your daughter?" Mrs. Van Dort asked.

"Certainly not. That wretched girl clearly doesn't care about her family enough, if she ran away with a mystery man. She's dead to us." Lady Everglot sneered. "But you may go look for her if you like."

"Uh...well..."

"It's settled then. You have till dawn to find her." Lady Everglot interrupted.

...

"(Y/n) darling, where are you?" The Corpse Groom called as he looked around the town for his lovely bride.

"If you ask me, your girlfriend is kind of jumpy." The maggot said from inside his head.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's my wife." He corrected. "(Y/n), where have you gone?"

The maggot popped out his eye. "I'll keep an eye out for her."

"(Y/n)!"

(Y/n) peered out from behind a statue and made her way down a path.

"There she goes! There she goes. She's-she's getting away! Quick, quick, after her!" The maggot exclaimed.

The Corpse Groom popped his eye back in and followed after her. "(Y/n)!"

...

(Y/n) ran past a shop called '2nd Hand Shoppe' that sold a bunch of hands.

The Corpse Groom came up to the shoppe looking around for her, and the hands pointed him in the right direction.

"Thank you."

...

"(Y/n)! Where are you?"

(Y/n) came across an alley that had rows of coffins along the wall. She quickly jumped into one and pretended to be dead.

The Corpse Groom passed her, still calling her name. "(Y/n), where have you gone?"

A black widow spider came down in front of (Y/n). "Married, huh? I'm a widow."

(Y/n) just gasped and ran away, accidentally knocking into the spider.

"Oh! How rude. She went that way!" She snitched.

...

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) darling!"

(Y/n) ran along the roads trying to avoid her husband. She ran in front of a man who was sweeping outside his shop.