What I didnt tell you. watty awards

• Dedicated to Dorothy L. Hall

Josh was waking up for work and noticed Liz was not in the bedroom. They've been really distant lately. 
Josh dressed for work. When done he went out to the living room to ask Liz if everything was okay. She nodded yes. Josh sat down next to her as she watched TV. He asked if anything's been wrong lately. Liz gets up without an answer and walks to their bedroom. 

Josh sits alone and takes a few deep breathes before following her. He sits on the bed watching Liz brush her wavy brown hair through the mirror.

"You don't have to worry about everything." Liz turns around.

Josh walks over to her and says "Why would that be?"

Liz smiles and walks away. "You're going to be late."

Josh was in the car getting ready to leave. Liz stood by the car door.

"You're going to call me today like you usually do?" She smirked.

"Of course I am. So I'll see you when I get home." Josh gave her a kiss and drove off.

Liz went back inside and sat on the sofa. She started to think of how things been lately and she knew why. Liz had to tell him today. She couldn't keep it from him forever.  

Meanwhile at Josh's job he had nothing on his mind but Liz. He too had a secret. He never was the trusting kind. Especially when it came to her ex's.  He was definitely insecure but he's grown the last few years being with Liz. Even if she thinks he's still his same old insecure Josh. 

Josh truly believes he loves Liz so he plans to ask her to marry him. He hopes she says yes and doesn't ask him to be more trusting. He knows Liz wouldn't do anything to hurt him but her old boyfriend is around and he's waiting for the moment that they get into an argument. 

Josh knows her ex still cares for her. Liz believes he moved on.

An hour before Josh clocked out he called Liz. She right away told him she needed to speak with him about something really important. Josh gripped the phone with his tensed sweaty hand.

"Do I have anything to worry about?" He asked.

"Can we wait till you're here? Please." She asked.

Josh agreed. He waited for Liz to say something more because nothing came to his mind.

"How was work today?" She asked.

He sighs before answering. "It was very distracting."

"Why?"

"I guess because you were on my mind all day, of course more than usual." Josh replies.

Liz giggles. "That's nice of you."

Josh tells Liz he'll talk when home. He knows everything is going to be fine. They said their I love you and hung up.

        Josh was out of work, wrestling with if he should propose or not. What if the talk is bad?  He told Liz he trusted her so he decided to let it go. 

As Josh got closer to the house his heart pounded from his chest.

 Liz too was preparing to talk to Josh. She paced around the house, room to room then there was a knock on door. She put a few things down on the kitchen counter before opening the door.

Josh was pulling in the drive way when he saw Liz' ex boyfriends car parked in front of the house. Josh's heart jumped in his throat. Is this what she wanted to tell me? He thought. 

He hit the steering wheel. Not knowing what to think anymore he turned the car off and headed for the house. Josh went to the side door took a few deep breathes awaiting what's inside with Liz' ex.

Josh was interrupted by loud squealing. He ran to the front of the house and saw it was Liz' ex. He pulled off leaving nothing but smoke and black trails. 

Josh ran back to the side door and unlocked it but something was blocking the door from opening.

"Liz! Open this door! Open it honey. I'm not mad. Open the door!" Josh shouted banging on the door causing it to break open.

 He walked in the house.

"Liz. Where are you? Hun. What's going on?" Josh called out looking in the rooms. 

He stood in the living room staring at the television.

Something was wrong he just knew it. He turned off the television, pulled out his cellphone and called Liz.

 It rang. Her phone was still in the house. Josh followed the ring.

"Liz? Please Liz answer me." Josh pleaded.

He followed the ringing to the bathroom. He just needed to open the door but his hand, his hand wasn't working. He needed both hands to turn the doorknob. 

Josh wasn't sure what he saw until he turned the light switch on. He fell to his knees and crawled to Liz's lifeless body. He held her screaming at the top of his lungs.

 Josh began to panic charging out the bathroom. He passed by the kitchen counter and saw a small white box. He opened it and inside was a note saying 'We made the best of us.' Josh looked under the gift shred and saw the pregnancy test with a positive sign.

Josh once again dropped to the floor holding the test tight in his bloody grip. He crawled back to Liz. He kissed her and carried her into the living room. 

Josh placed Liz on the sofa.  His eyes filled with more tears as he rested his head on her belly. 

Josh knew it was time to call someone but calling would mean he would be pulled away from her. Instead he took out the ring he had for her and placed it on Liz' finger.

"Will you marry me Liz?" He asked knowing no answers would fall from her lips but he knew her answer was yes.