The Most "Werewolf" Chapter In The Story

Zacznij od początku

He ran out of the room. I quickly followed him. We ran across all the hallways and rooms and out of the front door.

Once we got outside, I ran to his side. Side by side, I followed him blindly, not knowing where he'd go. Is this how my life would be? I love it.

He continued running with a determined look. It was clear that he knew where he was going. I continued following him, since I trusted him.

I was right in trusting him. He ran to the forest, the one I always keep flashbacking to. As we ran, I looked at the beautiful scenery. Tall trees, different animals, nature, it was indescribable. I could see splashes of different colors as we ran. Distantly, I could hear the sound of the birds chirping and the sound of other animals.

I looked back to Ryder and almost lost my breath. If I thought he was beautiful then, he was even more beautiful now. His black fur gleamed in the sunlight. His orbs had the easygoing, relaxed look in them. He looked comfortable, like this was his home.

He caught my eye and smirked. I smiled back at him. Every part of my body felt light.

We continued running through the forest until Ryder stopped in exhaustion, laying down on the ground. I fell down next to him.

"This is a beautiful forest." I said, looking towards him. He had shifted back, and he was now naked. I could feel the blush rising up to my cheeks. I could never get used to this beautiful view.

I shifted back as well.

"Yeah. It is." He smirked, pecking my lips. I could barely restrain the giggle that rose out of me. "You're so beautiful."

"No, I'm not."

"You are. Anyone who says otherwise are liars."

He looks truthful, but I know everything he said was just pretend.

We smiled at each other for a while. I wished I could live in this moment forever.

"Have I told you what's special about this forest?" Ryder asked as he looked around.

"No. What?" I asked, leaning closer to him.

"It's mine." He said. I looked at him in shock.

"Really?"

"I bought it with my own money. It was just a piece of flat land when I bought it four years ago. I planted all the trees and bought in all the wildlife. And now, it's a beautiful forest."

I gasped, looking around. The trees were so tall, it was hard to believe it was planted a few years ago. "How is that possible?"

He shrugged. "I gave the scientists a lot of resources and everything they needed. Never underestimate the power of scientists with good budgets. This forest was part of the nature preservation program I'm doing to piss off the government and save the Earth. I even got the scientists to create an energy source that's a hundred percent renewable."

"But if you have this great energy source, why don't you spread it to the public?" I asked curiously.

"We have. The public can have it for free. But they believe it's a scam, and so, they never use it. It sucks, living in a society that thinks anything that is free is a scam."

"Yeah. It is." I said. And it really is sad.

We were silent for a while.

"You know what the best part about this forest is?" He asked.

"What?"

He looked around again. "This is private property. So if anyone hunts in here, I could easily sue them."