Prologue

|THE BEGINNING OF HER STORY|

- Godric's Hollow-- October 31st, 1980

- Godric's Hollow
-- October 31st, 1980

THE NIGHT EVERYTHING CHANGED seemed such an ordinary Halloween night. Lilith 'Lily' Anastasia Potter nee Evans was smiling as she watched her husband blow bubbles for their fifteen-month-old daughter. She couldn't help but giggle as little Azalea Diana Potter-Black snatched her father's wand and threw it away.

That's right, James Fleamont and Lilith Anastasia Potter were a Wizard and Witch respectively. Azalea was a beautiful child with dark silver eyes that could be argued as grey and chocolate curls. She had soft fair skin. Little Azalea gets something from each of her parents with her own little twist.

"James, it's time for Azalea to go to bed." Lily said walking toward the pair and holding her arms out for the toddler to climb.

"But, Lils-" James whines wanting to spend more time with his daughter. After all, he is very sad her first real Halloween is spent inside.

"No, James." Lily said sternly. "It's already late and Azalea is tired." She pointed at the toddler who was diing off in her father's arms while rubbing her eyes to prove her point. James pouted but handed Azalea back to Lily.

James suddenly stiffened in alarm as he glanced out the window with a serious expression on his face, said face quickly pales as he turns back to his wife and daughter.

"Lily, it's him! Take Lea and go!" James said looking determined.

Lily felt her heart drop as she realized the situation. "James, no."

James shared a tearful look with Lily, the look showed the love they had for each other. He placed a hand on her shoulders, "Lily, you have to make sure Lea is safe." He said making his point by running his fingertip down his oblivious daughter's cheek.

James kissed Azalea's head and turned to desperately kiss his wife who rushed off just as the wards flashed like fireworks.

"Go, Lily, save our daughter." James said as she paused on the stairs. Lily held in her sob as she rushed up the stairs. She got to the nursery and placed her daughter in the crib as the sound of a body dropping made Lily sob.

She looked at the runes her husband had placed in the crib in case needed. Her husband didn't seem smart, neither did his friends, but they were very smart.

James was an Auror for two years before going into hiding and had a mastery in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Ancient Runes, and Transfiguration. Sirius Black, Diana's second father, was an Auror with James and had a mastery in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, and Transfiguration.