They lose Sif to the first round of guards, and then Volstagg to the second while they're stealing a ship. It's only then, in the near-privacy of the cockpit, that Loki allows himself to become visible again. He joins Thor by the controls, and Jane stands back against the wall, far enough away that he can pretend she's not even here.

"I wish you'd told me you'd planned to use this ship sooner," Loki remarks.

"Never had the time," Thor says, his attention focused far more on his horrible attempts at flying than his brother.

"You should have made time," Loki says. "I would have told you sooner that this ship is far too large for the passageway."

"That's alright," Thor says. "We prepared for that."

Loki is not quite sure how one would have prepared for a problem they hadn't suspected, but he opts not to question it.

"I'm rather enjoying this," Loki tells him. "You've caused more damage today than I ever did on Midgard."

Thor glances over his shoulder to shoot him a glare, and, while he does, the wing of the ship smashes into a large statue of Borr.

"Well done," Loki says condescendingly. "You just decapitated your grandfather."

"Thank you for the commentary, Loki," he says sarcastically. "It's not at all distracting."

Despite Thor's awful flying, it's not a horrible flight. He feels fine, though it's likely because he's not physically there. He doesn't have to worry about the constant bumping and smashing into things because he doesn't feel it.

Without warning, Jane collapses on the floor. Thor is too busy flying to notice, so Loki (rather reluctantly) takes matters into his own hands. He approaches her and kneels down in front of her.

"Are you alright?" Loki asks quietly.

Her eyes flutter open, and she hums in response, her voice soft and weak.

Loki glances over his shoulder at his brother. "What happened to her?"

"I will explain it all if we live to see another day," Thor says. He glances over her shoulder to ensure that she's okay, and Jane gives him a small wave.

"I will never know, then," Loki surmises. He has to assume it somehow relates to whatever strange power is radiating from her, but he'd like to understand it further.

It's not long after when Thor takes Jane and jumps out of the ship, and Loki jumps out after him without a moment of hesitation. They land atop another, much smaller ship, more of a floating boat than anything. This one may work better for the secret passageway, but only if Thor flies it perfectly, and even then, it may still be too big.

"Loki," a familiar voice drawls, filled to the rim with condescension. "How lovely of you to join us."

Loki lolls his head back and reluctantly turns to face him. He plasters on a fake smile. "Hello, Fandral." It figures that the two people Loki has to talk to are Sif and Fandral, the two he hates the most.

"How has your imprisonment been?" he asks. "Awful, I would assume?"

"It had been wonderful until now," Loki says. "I can't remember the last time I'd gone even a fraction of this time without seeing you."

Fandral raises his brows, amused. "The cat has some bite."

"That is enough," Thor says, though he sounds more bored than frustrated. "Loki, where do we go now?"

Loki briefly surveys the scene, making note of where they are now so he can figure out where to go next.

Knock knock knock.