Miyu smiled again and closed the gap between their lips. Even though, on instinct, their eyes closed, they both felt their senses come alive. The sparks flew and Haruna felt a giddy rush. It was overwhelming, but rather than drown her in confusion, it filled her with clarity, because everything else faded away and it was just her and Miyu. All the pieces fell right into place and Miyu was all that it took.

They let the kiss come to a natural end and then Haruna finally felt ready to talk, expressing her concern over graduation.

"But it's a silly thing," she tried to say, "I know I'm all worked up over nothing—"

"It's not nothing!" Miyu interrupted, suddenly defensive, balling up her hands into fists. For a moment, Haruna was surprised by the intensity, but then she felt her heart flutter, for she knew Miyu was only getting angry on her behalf for daring to downplay her troubles.

I know I probably shouldn't be thinking this, but... she's so cute when she gets like this! I mean, she always cute, but it's my guiltiest pleasure whenever her righteous anger comes out for my sake... She was sure Miyu was the only one who could make anger look so beautiful. She was Haruna's protective champion, her avenging angel, and nothing made Haruna feel more sinfully happy and special.

Even though it was the future that was troubling Haruna, her history hadn't always been perfect either. Past loves never got very far for her. Of the precious few she even dared approach, they all rejected her, and some more harshly and rudely than others. The most painful one was a girl who made fun of Haruna for even asking, and turned her sexuality into a giant joke for everyone else to laugh at and mock. After that, Haruna's walls went up and she guarded her heart, becoming the closed-off Chairman Miyu and the others met at the start of their first year as high schoolers.

Haruna promised herself she'd never do that again. At least not until she knew it was right for her. And looking at Miyu now, listening to Miyu comfort and support her with such kind, caring, sweet words, Haruna was sure she finally made the right call. No one she'd ever met before, guy or girl, platonic or romantic, ever made her feel so right and secure. Did Miyu notice that Haruna kept losing focus, spending more time drinking in the sight of her than really listening to what she was saying? The world around her just disappeared, and Haruna appreciated it all the same.

Then, Miyu confessed some of her own feelings and fears.

"I'm... also worried about the future," she admitted. "I know that I want to try to keep Lyrical Lily alive, but I don't know the first thing about actually managing a band!" Thus far, they'd had help from Arisugawa, but that was about to come to an end. As the leader, Miyu felt responsible for keeping the band afloat, but she was scared of letting them down or ruining everything.

"You'd never ruin anything!" Haruna cried. Now it was her turn to feel righteous, protective anger. "I won't stand to hear you talk about yourself that way! You're such a hard, intelligent worker, and you're so kind and opportunistic. Someone like you could never mess up, and of course I'll always be there by your side to lend you a hand whenever you need! If... that is... something you want..."

Haruna was suddenly back to looking insecure and awkward and shy. She hadn't meant to burst out like that, and she hoped that she didn't sound too clingy or weird, implying that she would be holding on tight to Miyu for as long as Miyu wanted. Lucky for her, Miyu seemed delighted.

"Oh, you will?!"

"Of course!"

"Oh, Haruna, you're the best! Really! Your support means so much to me... You've always been such a lovely, wonderful, helpful person!"

Now it was Haruna's turn to comfort Miyu. Bursting inside with delight at all of Miyu's wonderful compliments, she only just barely managed to keep a calm, cool, collected expression as she opened her arms again, wrapping them around Miyu and running her fingers through her hair. Miyu was more than happy to snuggle into the warm embrace and nuzzle herself up against Haruna's neck. They stood that way for a minute or so before Haruna drew back gently, cupping Miyu's face in her hands and brushing a thumb along one of her cheeks.

Miyu's eyes widened in excitement and hope. She knew what was coming next. Haruna did not disappoint. Suddenly, everything made sense again, for both of them. Miyu was comforted by the warm, sturdy feeling of Harun's lips against her own, just like their owner. And Haruna, herself, back in Heaven. Surely Miyu was an angel God had sent to her as a gift and a guide. Haruna was honored to be able to pay back that favor even in something as small and simple as a kiss. All the questions she used to ask in her head, too scared to say aloud, were finally crystal clear. Yes, Miyu was the one, and Haruna could trust her. Miyu would never let her down or betray her as others had in the past.

I've never felt anything like this... Haruna thought blissfully as she tried to memorize every single thing she felt while kissing Miyu. Her soft lips, her tender embrace, the scent of her hair, the warmth of her body. It was all divine! Nobody could make Haruna open up and nobody could bring her senses to life quite like Miyu. That was how she knew it was love. She could only hope Miyu knew and felt the same way.

"I love you, Haruna," Miyu whispered. For a moment, Haruna drew back, having not expected to hear Miyu say it out loud. Her heart flipped over in her chest. It didn't matter how many times Miyu said it, it never got old.

"I love you too, Miyu," Haruna's voice and breath were shaky, just like the very first time after the white corsages. She still felt like a giddy, silly, little schoolgirl with a crush. She wasn't sure that feeling would ever truly go away, but she didn't want it to. She didn't want Miyu to either.

"Will you still want me around... after graduation?" she asked, suddenly sounding small.

"Of course I will!" There was a flash of intensity from Miyu again. Now it was her turn to draw back, looking up at Haruna with burning eyes. "I'd be devastated if you didn't want to stick around!" she cried. Haruna gave her a helpless smile, sure she was as red as her hair. That was her Miyu, always knowing just what to say, and making it the sweetest, most romantic thing she'd ever heard!

"Then," she whispered, "I suppose I finally know what my graduation plans are..." She trailed off, giving Miyu a meaningful look. Miyu nodded back with just as much conviction, still holding Haruna's hands tightly. She squeezed them once before pulling Haruna in again, and crystal clear everything became.

AN: I'M WEAK FOR THIS SHIP! Also yes, this was another randomly inspired song fic (Miranda Cosgrove's "Kissin U"). Also also, this is technically an AU on the last chapter rather than a sequel, but it can be read either way, I guess.

And I just realized, I don't think Haruna ever calls anyone "-chan", even Miyu. If it happens, I will die of happiness! And if it already happened, SOMEONE LINK ME NOW PLZ! (Dey too cute!)