•CHAPTER XVIII•

Jeongyeon's POV

After my shift, I went straight to the night market to watch Chipmunk's performance. The Arts and Music major were holding a busking for a cause which is like our project in the academy. I already ask my mom for permission that I'm attending this event and she said that is alright, so I ask Auntie to take care of my mom for a while.

So right now they're on a 30-minute break and 15 minutes left before they continue to perform, the staffs are already fixing the stage and preparing the equipments and instruments needed. Chipmunk is at the backstage preparing for her 2nd performance and we're here to cheer her up.

"I saw at the line up that Taeyeon unnie will perform, same goes with Jieun unnie." Seulgi uttered and drink her water.

"Really?! They're the best seniors in music department!" Cubby squealed in delight.

"I agree. Their voice is so relaxing like they would lift your problems away." Mino oppa stated and all of us agreed.

In the middle of our conversation, my phone vibrated and it was a message from Nayeon

Lim Nayeon

"Hey Jeongyeon. Thank you
for the gift that you've sent
me earlier. It really helped me
☺️"

"No worries Nayeon-ssi.
I hope that you feel better
soon. ☺️"

"I will thank you Jeongyeon!"

"Anytime 😉"

"Okay hold up, am I seeing things?" Seulgi snorted and I shot my head up then look around.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Yoo Jeongyeon is smiling while on the phone!" Kai oppa teased and the others followed.

"What the hell?" I scowled and they continue to tease me.

Well who wouldn't? As far as I remember I don't smile a lot, so it is quite understandable for them to react on that way.

The host came back on the stage and introduced the next performer.

"And we're back on our busking for a cause, a project by the Arts and Music Major from Ansan Arts Academy. So for our next performer, let's all give a round of applause for Ms. Lee Jieun!" The host then went down the platform as Jieun sunbaenim climbed up together with her guitar, and she seated on the chair and fixed the mic.

The crowd cheered for her and Rosie, even at the backstage she went out to see her idol perform. As the cold breeze blew, she strummed her fingers against the strings and started singing.

(The reference of this part is at "Yoo Heeyeol's Sketchbook" wherein IU sang "I don't wanna love somebody else.")

Her angelic voice matches the night breeze, making everyone in the night market feels relaxed. As she ended the song, everyone including us clapped our hands and cheered on her. As soon as Jieun sunbae ended her performance, Chipmunk ran towards her with a wide grin asking for a picture. Us, being 100% supportive came towards them and took a bunch of pictures.

"Oh, I see you'll be the next performer Chaeyoung-ah. Goodluck! I'll watch you perform." Jieun sunbae stated which caused our Rosieposie to be nervous.

~timeskip~

It is now 10:30pm and last two performances will be showcased. Taeyeon sunbae was now introduced by the host and she went up the stage, but unlike Rosie and IU sunbae, Taeyeon doesn't have instruments with her so the band will play for her.

"Please welcome, Ms. Kim Taeyeon." All the audience clapped and unnie started to sing.

(The reference of this part is at "Begin Again" wherein Taeyeon sang "Slow Motion")

Just like IU sunbae, her sweet voice match the cold breeze as she serenades people who were watching. As soon as she's finished singing, she thanked everyone that watches and gave tip for the busking. The performance was through and everyone left the market, including us. We bid goodbye to each other and split ways.

I took my bike and ride it towards the hospital, as I make my way on the road the cold air runs thru my arms and my locks were also gliding at the wind. It is somehow relaxing, plus the quiet surrounding makes the ride peaceful. As I arrived at the hospital, I parked my bike and went straight to my mom's room. It was kinda late so I tried my best not to make any noise, Sehun is sitting on the couch while scrolling on his phone and auntie is fixing my the table. I think they're just finished eating dinner.

"Oh, you're back Jeongyeon. How was work?" Auntie asked and wiped her hands with a towel.

"It wasn't that much of work but I went straight on a project at school." I replied and sat beside my cousin.

"Anyways, how's mom?" I asked, feeling tired as soon as my body felt the softness of the couch.

"The doctors said that her health is improving, but we should not be contented on that. They also said to follow-up about the transplant. Your mom may be released at the end of the month, if she finished her treatments." A relieved sigh escaped on my mouth as I heard the news. We'll be able to return at home at last, but I should convince mom to take the bone marrow transplant.

"That's a relief. Eomma can now be released in 3 weeks, I hope that her conditions get better." I said and look at my mom, who's now sleeping peacefully.

The day passed by and Auntie went home with Sehun. I took a quick shower at the bathroom and went back to fix my bed. Tomorrow's gonna be hectic but I guess that it will be a good day tomorrow. I can feel my eyelids getting heavier and not a minute passed, I fell asleep due to fatigue.

(the next day)

My alarm rang, causing me to jolt up and turn it off. I rubbed my eyes and walked at the windows to open the curtains. The view of the city can be seen and people were now getting ready to start their day.

"Good Morning Jeongyeon." I glance at my back and saw my mom smiling.

I smiled back and approach her bed to assist her in sitting up.

"Good Morning Eomma, it's a beautiful morning today isn't it?" I gleefully asked her and she smiled from ear to ear.

"You had received a good news do you? You're so happy early this morning." Mom spoke in happy tone.

"Of course. The doctors said that your health status is improving and you might be released at the end of the month, isn't that a great news?" I held both of her hands and squeezed them softly.

I guess that one of my prayers have been answered by God, and I am very very happy about it.

"Really? That's a really good news! I'll be taking care of my health from now on. Thank you for taking care of me, Jeongyeon." I can see her eyes getting teary as soon as I tell her about the good news.

"But the doctors said that we shouldn't be contented on that, and we should persuade you to take the transplant. You're on the 5th line for a donor, mom. Can you consider about it?"

Mom just smiled at me took my hand to caress it. She didn't utter any words and continue to caress my hand. I don't know what my mom is thinking but I wish that she'll agree on the transplant, she means everything to me and losing her would be the worst and saddest thing to happen.