between stokes, i could see glimpses of the fish merchant's market which gave me an indication that i was nearly there. 5 or 6 meters of away from shore.

but i'm quite puzzled why do i feel that my body is getting heavier by the second, why does i feel like i'm not getting any closer to my destination?

why is it that i have a weird feeling that my legs and arms have stopped moving?

because they have.

-

felix one of the agents smiles briefly at the samurai who seems utterly uninterested in what the fatui member was about to say.

" i'm going to ask you a few questions, is that okay?" the blonde pulls out a tattered piece of paper out from his pocket, smirking ever so slightly seeing that the white haired man in front of him seemed irritated.

kazuha has a half worried half frustrated look on his face, unable to wiggle himself out of this mess he simply nods hoping that this guy was a quick talker so he could get this over with.

" are you a liyuean citizen?" the agent asks, awaiting a response. " no i'm not," he dryly replies " i travel amongst beidou's crew, we don't stay in one place for too long."

felix seems content with kazuha's response although he has other perceptions, " your clothes resemble the ones tailored from inazuma, do you visit there often?" kazuha sighs internally, " i don't, we occasionally travel there for trades and business of such."

the blonde was not doing a great job at asking questions, he repeatedly looks down at the paper in his hand but it's no use. the ink was smudged so he couldn't read a word, he must've accidentally got some water on it.

" please visit northerland bank sometime tomorrow for further questioning, that is a necessity, i'll inform an agent that you'll be needed. for now, you're free to go." he shoves the piece of paper back into his pocket as kazuha takes his leave hurriedly, cussing at himself openly for ruining the question sheet.

the white haired man's heart is pounding in his chest, a lump at the back of his throat that he could not get rid of throughout the entire conversation yet he managed his composure, acting as if nothing was wrong.

oh but something was wrong. he had kept you waiting, for sometime now and he was hoping he'd see you holding onto the ship or maybe already even safe and sound.

kazuha waits until he's out of the fatui's vision, his face turns pale as he doesn't spot you hanging onto the side of the boat as intended.

without further thinking he immediately runs to the side of the harbour where you two had mentally agreed to meet at.

his worried scarlet eyes wander around, trying to spot you. but he found nothing. you were still holding on right? that had to be it, right?

guilt suffocates him, a heavy unpleasant feeling in his chest and an nervousness that lingers in the pit of his stomach. guilt is feeling bad, knowing he did the wrong thing eventhough he thought he knew what he was doing was right.

he regrets it. he regrets ever proposing the idea in the first place, even getting caught by the fatui was better than this. kazuha clenches his fists tightly unable to describe what he was experiencing.

his eyes waver across his surroundings until... his heart stops beating momentarily, a painful feeling overwhelming him. seeing a hand reaching out for help above the waves.

kazuha acts on impulse, jumping into the sea attracting the attention of a couple of citizens who look concerned for the white haired boy as they look for him.

the wanderer had never swam so fast before, his now water soaked clothes slightly weighing him down although that doesn't stop him - he only swims faster.

he takes a deep breath, submerging underneath the surface. kazuha grits his teeth seeing your limp body under the water, he swims towards you. getting a hold of you, kazuha immediately brings you up to the surface.

it takes him some effort to get you directly laying on his chest as he holds you tight. wasting absolutely no time he brings you close enough to the harbour, a worried bystander helps both you and kazuha up.

many people crowd around close to him, he begins to lose his mind, not able to think straight. your currently unconscious, lifeless body laying in front of him.

" what are you doing! give her cpr already!" a stranger shouts at him amongst the crowd.

he takes the strangers heed, kazuha refuses crack under pressure, if he didn't act now... he wouldn't be able to save you.

taking action, the white haired man tilts your chin up as he performs chest compressions, giving you rescue breaths — pinching your nose as he blows air firmly into your mouth.

" wake up. wake up. please wake up..." he mutters shakily, his voice slowly breaking with each 'wake up' he mumbles.

everyone watches him inquisitively, some clasping their hands together and praying to rex lapis and the archons. others, on the verge of tears watching as the white haired man tries perilously to save you.

the fatui agents are startled by the commotion happening as they try to glimpse at what was going on. felix too is invested, wanting to check it out but there's a small moment where the crowd slightly moves and when he sees an all too familiar h/c girl, he knows exactly what's happening.

he needs to get his hands on her, if he doesn't he could be demoted of his job or rather killed by an unhinged, ludicrous harbinger.

" may rex lapis save you."

───── (•̀ᴗ•́)و─────

i'm sorry for the cliffhanger
;)

𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐢 ; k. kazuha जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें