Chapter - 2

"Mom!" Clary calls out

"You did it!" Jocelyn exclaims seeing her daughter's grin. "Yay!"

Ron gasps. "They look almost identical."

"Well, she is her mother" Hermione smacks him upside on his head. "Of course, they look alike you, dimwit"

"You also follow Simon?" Clary asks with fake confusion.

"He only has 92 followers." Jocelyn says in a fake sad tone. "He needs the retweets. Congratulations."

"What are retweets"  Sirius asks.

After Lily explains what Twitter is, Sirius looks like a kid on Christmas.

"I want that!" He nearly shouts.

[Jocelyn and Clary hug.]

"Thank you." Clary says pulling away from the hug. "Hashtag, stalker mom."

[Jocelyn grabs a present and gives it to Clary.]

"Happy birthday."

[Clary opens the present.]

"It's called a stele." Jocelyn explains seeing the confused look on Clary's face.

"What's a stele?" Remus asks.

"What is it, like, a paperweight?"

Jocelyn turns serious, "No, it's much more than that. It's very ancient. I want you to have it. It's a family heirloom."

"We Frays have heirlooms?" Clary asks in confusion.

"A few."

"You know, it's weird... I doodled something that looked like this this morning. I must have seen this around the house somewhere."

"Honey, I need to-"

[Clary's cell phone chimes.]

"Simon. He's on his way over." Clary says reading the text.

"But we need to talk." Jocelyn says with urgency in her tone.

"I can't right now." Clary says apologetically. "I gotta change. I'm going to see Champagne Enema tonight."

"What?"

"Yeah, I know. It's the new band name. But Simon and Maureen are taking me out after."

"But it's... It's your 18th birthday, and, uh... everything's gonna change for you now." Jocelyn fumbles.

"Mom, we've had the talk." Clary says exasperated. "I'm good." She assures.

"We need to have a much different and more important talk."

"And we will. But can it be over breakfast, all right? I love you. Thank you for the heirloom. I love you." Clary says going into her room.