Burden

"CHARGE!" Samurai atop of stallions charged through the woods, bringing them aflame as they weeded through the trees. Eliminating the small children that ran away from their mothers to get to safety.

"FUYUMI!” A young woman shouts as she reaches out for her baby, her child is crushed under the hooves of a horse. Her brains scattered across the ground, her crying silenced. Soon the mother herself was murdered, a Katana drawn through her neck. She gagged with blood as it was quickly drawn out her neck and back into the sheath.

Utter chaos had been brung across the village. Small children have been murdered, houses aflame, blood splattering the streets, and cries of pain and agony crescendoed throughout the moonlit night.

"And all because of my child?!” Koemi's mother wrapped her small child in a kimono. Kissing her forehead and fixing her hair before running off into the fiery night.

"Ma...? ” The child procured in confusion. Her mother ran off with her into the cold blazing night knowing there was no chance of survival.

"GET THEM! ” A man upon a large white stallion shouted. The small girls mother looked back, her eyes filled with tears as she carried her daughter through the night.

"Please... Please spare my baby! Please! ” She whined in fear, her footsteps increasing in tempo as she attempted to out run the steed.

" PLEASE! ” She uttered as a powerful Katana strikes her through chest. Her blood splattered across Koemi as her sprint swayed itself into a calm drift. She glares at her naive and sweet daughter. Her face forces a smile weak bloodied smile before she topples over on top of Koemi, coughing blood and crying silently as she whispers her child's name.

"Ko-emi.... Ko...emi.. ” She whispers, as multiple people scatter across her body, they all want life and freedom as much as she wanted. She curls herself into a dying bleeding ball, shielding the child from the feet that are pelting her back.

People ran frantically, from the fire, from the samurai, from the horses, and even from each other. All of which blamed this tragedy on a child, a child so young that she doesn't know the cruelty of the world. They kick and spit at her mother's corpse as they run by, it is her fault, her and that retched child!

Koemi begins to cry, her body tightly wrapped in her mother's arms as blood drains on the back of her pink kimono.

"Come! Hurry! ” A voice exclaims out of the chaos, a young boy hunches over the mothers corpse and pulls Koemi out of her mother's arms, lifting her to her feet and running along side her with the crowd.

"MAA! M-MAAA! ” The young girl frantically points towards her mother's bleeding corpse. Her eyes overflowing with tears as she and the young boy were loaded onto a cart and rushed out the village with the other survivors, off into the height of the blazing night never to be seen again.

“B-but.. ” She whimpers, “Ma..” She hiccups through words as the young boy wipes her tears. He is someone she remembers. The son of a merchant who she used to play with. His name was Fujin.

“I know. ” His eye's fill with tears as well for he had lost his mother too. He holds onto the small girls hand for reassurance.

"GRAB THAT ONE! ” The samurai followed the cart of survivors out the village and into the woods to continue their siege. One hope off of his horse and begins to sprint for the cart, he holds onto the edge the cart ripping Fujin away from the small girl and throwing him out into the dirt. He hops down from the cart grabbing the boy by the neck as he draws a strong deep cut across the boys face with a dagger.

“We'll take this one to Inumaki instead. ” The man says, hopping back onto the steed he rides off in to the woods.

“AAAAAH!” Koemi screams, her arms reach out of the cart as a woman grabs her body to stop her from jumping out. She had experienced two heart breaks that night, one of her mother and the other of her childhood friend. 

                        Prologue

As the cart of survivors marches off into the night a new story starts for both children, both of which open new opportunities. Koemi never forgets the boy who held her hand on the cold snowy night of inumaki's siege, whilst Fujin never remembers the young frail girl her rescued.

I rewrote this whole thing, so please enjoy!