Chapter 1: Blind date gone wrong or right??

EPISODE starts with cool opening credits, a mix of real-life lead characters and some animation. In fact, the opening scene also features Kang Tae-mum as an animated character. In just a few seconds, we learn that Kang is a business-minded, career-oriented, and no-nonsense man. He’s now appointed as the new President/CEO of his grandfather Kang Da-goo’s company, ‘GO Food’. The new CEO has a secretay name Cha Sung-hoon. It’s the day for Kang Tae-mum’s public appearance and inauguration as the President.

We are then introduced to Shin Ha-ri, who works as research at GO Food’s Food Development team

We are then introduced to Shin Ha-ri, who works as research at GO Food’s Food Development team. Shin and her colleagues attend their company’s new CEO Kang’s inauguration. Everyone is excited to see Kang and hope that he’s good looking. However, Kang sends his secretary Cha Sung-hoon to give a message on the stage. Cha says that Kang has said he doesn’t have time to attend such functions. He’s quite busy.

It’s Shin Ha-ri’s birthday who gets a message from Lee Min-woo, her classmate and crush of many years. Ha-ri hopes that it’s going to be a surprise date. On her way to meeting Min-woo, Shin discusses everything on the call with her close friend Jin Young-seo. Young-seo is the Marketing Team Leader of Marine Beauty. They discuss a necklace that Young-seo thinks is a gift from Min-woo to Shin Ha-ri. However, when Shin Ha-ri meets Min-woo, he gifts her a concert ticket and says she should attend it with a guy.

An upset Shin Ha-ri heads to the cafe run by her parents. Outside the cafe, Ha-ri’s brother Shin Ha-min gets into a fight with a man on the street. While solving the matter, Ha-ri ends up hurting the man. Ha-ri’s mother yells and hits her daughter for all the mess at home. Ha-ri gets upset as her mom not only forgot her birthday, but also hit her.

On the other hand, Tae-mu’s grandfather Da-goo wants his grandson to marry. He has even arranged for an elite list of blind dates for his grandson. Tae-mu refuses several times. However, Tae-mu tells grandfather that they will have to fire an employee for fraud. Da-goo agrees to the employee only if Tae-mu agrees to go on blind dates. Tae-mu agrees.

The employee who gets fired is the head of Ha-ri’s department. She has a lot to worry about, and for some reason, she’s in dire need of money. Ha-ri meets Young-seo, and the latter put forward an interesting idea. Young-seo requests Ha-ri to attend a blind date by pretending to be her. Young-seo has no interest in meeting anyone and tells her friend that she’ll get paid if she agrees. Ha-ri needs money, so she agrees to pretend as Young-seo for the blind date. They discuss how it should go bad, and no positive outcome comes out of it.

When Ha-ri goes for the blind date by pretending to be Young-seo, she is shocked to the core

When Ha-ri goes for the blind date by pretending to be Young-seo, she is shocked to the core. Turns out her blind date is Tae-mu, her boss and the CEO of her company. To make sure that Tae-mu says no to Young-seo, Ha-ri starts behaving weird and desperate. Ha-ri hopes that by seeing how forward she is, Tae-mu will reject Young-seo. But something unexpected happens.

Tae-mu is quite fascinated by the fake Young-seo and agrees to marry her. The decision leaves Young-seo and Ha-ri worried as their plan failed. Ha-ri advises Young-seo to tell her dad everything about identity swap. Young-seo is nervous but realises she has no choice. Young-seo says she’ll try to tell him everything. Tae-mu’s grandfather and secretary aren’t quite pleased how he agreed to marry the first girl he saw on just one date.

The next day in the office, Ha-ri enters the same elevator. But she covers her face with her hair so that Tae-mu doesn’t recognise her. Later, Tae-mu, his grandfather and Sung-hoon discuss Ha-ri’s work idea and how competent she is. Ha-ri has specs in her office ID card, so Tae-mu doesn’t recognise her. After the discussion, Da-goo tells Sung-hoo, Tae-mu’s secretary, that he also should find someone to marry.

Young-seo was shopping at a supermarket where Sung-hoo is also present. While heading out, Young-seo forgets her car key. Sung-hoo comes out and gives it to her. Sung-hoo and his good looks smite Young-seo. At the end of the episode, Tae-mu and Ha-ri as Young-seo meet for another date. She questions his decision of marrying her immediately after the first meeting. She refuses to marry him.

An angry Ha-ri as fake Young-seo heads out of the hotel. However, she sees her crush Min-woo on the other side of the road. Ha-ri doesn’t want Min-woo to see him in such bold clothes. So she runs back and enters a car. The person sitting in the car next to her is Tae-mu. The two have an expression of bewilderment in their eyes.