1

I was standing outside of the Resident Services, peacefully enjoying the view of the misted midnight plaza while thriving off the warming silence and thinking of all sorts of things. I've been on this island for a few weeks now, but I still can't get used to others showing so much interest in me. I was always a loner and disliked attention. After all, I am a wolf, so that's no surprise.

The wind made the tree's leaves dance around in the most elegant ways while being lit up by moonlight, filling my head up with calmness and peace. Spending time out on this island during the night felt way more magical than it would in daytime. No annoying voices ringing out from each corner, no chaos, no music. Just pure stillness, my own thoughts, and the gloomy moon.

My mind wondered from thought to though. First it being the nature of this island, and ending with the other villagers living their lives in this paradise. I can't believe I'm stuck on the most populated island ever known. All of my neighbors are so bright and positive, yet here they have me. Why is it that everyone here seems so boring, it's like everyone's the same... Except for the main speaker of this island.

My thoughts abruptly switched onto that human who takes charge of the island. We've only talked once though. It was when she invited me over to this place. It takes me back when she put that decision right under my nose. I was willing to deny that offer since I wasn't interested... But something inside me said yes on it's own. That's how I got here.

My eyes explored the pitch black sky, which blended with the thin outlines of the floating thick mist. My eyelids got shut as I inhaled the fresh air and faced the ground, until I heard a loud crackle coming from aside. My eyes shot open in an instant, and I slowly looked around the plaza as the wind quietly howled far away. No one was around. The only creature that was present was a small grasshopper right by my legs. I haven't noticed it at first, but as it gently rustled it's wings, I payed my attention to it in no time.

"Hm..? Hey there little guy, what are you doing out here..? ... Thought that's what I should be asking myself." I spoke out quietly as I bent over to the tiny insect on the ground.

I carefully picked it up and examined it on my finger, forgetting about everything else that reigned around me. I was so focused on looking at this insect that I completely ignored the faint footsteps I thought I heard. Until my nose caught a scent.

A very strong, alluring scent.

"Hm..?"

I instantly looked up and got distracted off the bug, turning my head to where that sweet aroma was coming from. It trailed over right to the center of the plaza. It's like I could witness it swirling around nearby... As I inhaled that sweet scent, it gracefully entered my nose and spun around in my lungs, forming visions of the owner of this lovely smell.

'A human...' I though to myself as the aroma vanished and got absorbed into my body.

It felt like an explosion. A burst in my veins, making my blood boil as the powerful smell got permanently engraved into my organism. It filled up each blood cell of mine, awakening this beastly hunger inside me. I twitched and thrashed around as my renewed blood flowed around my body, growling from the pain and the sudden surge of wild energy.

Those silent footsteps instantly stopped as I dropped down on all fours, hiding in the mist. It twirled around in the air as the human silhouette motionlessly stood on one spot in the center of the large plaza. The water from the fountain behind her glowed in a shade of cyan, adding more light to this weakly lit up area. I was ready to launch at her, eyes red and fangs exposed. It all remained tense until the thread of patience snapped as she started running.

She abruptly broke off the ground, trying to get away as fast as anyone possibly could, but my body acted by it's own rules, and I shot straight at her, jumping up into midair. My hands reached out to her by themselves, wanting to grab her close as quickly as possible, they grasped onto her body and clutched her close to my chest as I rolled over with her in my arms, and as I stopped tumbling over the rock ground, we both froze in anticipation. She remained in my feral embrace as her heart jumped around like a bird in a cage, with me pressed against her from behind, breathing hungrily into her ear.

'That was the moment I discovered... The human, and my instincts.'