Vegas x Pete [4]

Vegas remained behind while Pete rushed to the door.

"Does that seem normal to you?" Pol asked.

"I think we should respect their privacy," Porsche said.

"Yes. Respect our privacy," Vegas agreed with Porsche. Porsche was the most reasonable person at that damn table.

"It's the job to do whatever Vegas wants."

"Bullshit," Pol said. "This has gone beyond the job. He was sent here to protect Vegas, not bend over every time Vegas wants to hurt someone."

"It's Vegas," Porsche said. "He's obsessed with doing weird stuff and yes, he often drags Pete into it but it's still Vegas."

"So what?" Arm asked.

"Let's not jump to conclusions," Porsche said.

Vegas nodded, feeling a little love for Porsche at the moment.

"Phi-Porsche, you of all people know what he's capable of."

"No," Vegas said, shaking his head. "That was a misunderstanding."

"That was just a misunderstanding," Porsche said.

"He wouldn't have stopped if Phi-Kinn didn't find the two of you."

Vegas could not believe his ears. Arm didn't know what he was talking about. The thing with Porsche happened years ago and they were basing their opinions on what Kinn said. And Kinn hated Vegas. Of course he exaggerated what happened. Porsche wasn't even holding a grudge. He seemed to have moved on. Why didn't everybody just fucking move on?

"If he doesn't stop, Pete will never stop him."

"What the hell kind of power do you all think I have over him?"

"Even if not only for Pete's sake but for Vegas' sake. If he continues down this path, it would only lead to-"

Vegas appeared in the corridor outside the great hall as Pete stepped out.

"What was that about?" he asked but Pete didn't answer him. Of course he didn't answer. They were in public. And it wouldn't do to have Pete walking around the school and talking to himself.

Which meant Vegas had to follow him, stewing in silence as he let his legs lead him up till they were entering into the Gryffindor common room.

"My eyes!" he exclaimed, blinking at the obscene amount of red and gold present. But before he had time to say much more, Pete was already bounding up to his room as Vegas was once again transported into Pete's room. "Will you talk to me now?"

"I really don't want to," Pete said.

"Well, you're going to."

"If you're trying to prove all they said wrong, you might want to try not using that tone with me."

"What tone?"

"The one that says I should obey or else."

Vegas hesitated. He didn't know he had a tone. He just spoke in a normal, calm, conversational tone that ALWAYS allowed for negotiation. Suggesting otherwise was just blaspheme.

"I'm sorry if I've made you feel that way."

"Are you really?" Pete asked, pulling off his robes as he lay them down on his bed. "You're hearing all that for the first time so I'm sure you're shocked. But don't worry. When it wears off tomorrow and you come calling, I'll still run to you like a puppy."

"You're letting them fill your head with rubbish," Vegas said. "It's never been like that between us." Pete didn't answer. "You know that, right? It's not like... I've never forced you into anything. I was just... I was just..."