I kept drying her hair when I accidentally met her eyes. She was looking me with a gentle smile. I could look at her smile all day. My eyes focused on her lips. How would they feel on mine? I couldn't help but imagine our lips moving together. My hand running through her hair, her pulling me closer. I didn't realise that I had leaned forward. I stopped and quickly regained my composure and continued drying her hair. She placed her hands on mine and brought them down. She stepped closer and leaned forward, placing a very hesitant kiss on my lips. She moved back to see my reaction. I pulled her forward and kissed her. It was a very gentle kiss. The kiss was very short but left my heart racing and me breathless. She placed her forehead on mine and smiled at me.

"Mei Corleone, I love you. I've loved you since I saw you for the first time. Would you be my girlfriend?"

I wanted scream yes.

"I... I can't. I'm sorry."

The way her smile fell made my heart break.

"Why?"

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry."

Flashback

The innocent hands that were supposed to be clean were smeared with blood. Knuckles burning but still paying no heed to the pain, she kept punching the beam. The beam dented with marks

"Mei! Stop! Look at you"

"I don't deserve to stop grandma."

"What are you talking about sweetie?"

"My punches aren't strong enough. I need to be strong to be the most powerful mafia leader."

"And why do you want to be the most powerful mafia leader?"

"I don't want to but I want to make my dad proud of me. I know he will be proud of me if I do this. If he is proud of me, he will love me again and we can go back to how we were."

The elder's heart began hurting thinking of the pain a 15 year old has to go through. All this pain, resentment and blood spill, and for what? Power. Human greed for power drives people crazy and harms innocent people. Filled with anger the woman rushed toward a room. She opened the door harshly. Inside she found her son sitting carefree.

"You are a monster!"

"Yeah, I am. By the way, you're disrupting my peace."

The woman walked out of the room in disbelief. She made up her mind.

"Mei, sweetie, pack your bags. We are going on a trip."

"But grandma, I have to train."

"You don't have to train if you come with me."

"I don't have to train?"

"No sweetie. Now come on."

The child happily followed her grandmother. They silently left the mansion and walked towards the main gate.

"Where do you think you are taking her?"

"Away from you."

"Alright. Mei, why are you going with her?"

"Grandma said I don't have to train anymore if I go with her."

"And why don't you want to train?"

"Because I don't want to be a mafia leader."

"But I want you to do those things."

"But I don't want to do them."

"So you are disobeying me? Alright. Since your grandmother is the cause of this..."

He pulled the trigger before he finished the sentence.

"This is what happens if you disobey me. Do you still want to not train and leave?"

He asked in a taunting tone with the gun pointed at her.

"N-no, sir."

"Then go and train. I don't care if you break your hand. You will not stop until the beam snaps. If you disobey me again I'll kill you and your brother myself and I'll also kill Celine. Don't think I don't know about your little crush on her. I can't kill her right now but I will kill her in the future. And it will be excruciating, understood?"

"Yes s-sir."

"But before that we have to punish you. Get on your knees and show me your back. And don't scream. If you scream, I'll hit you harder."

100. That's how many times he hit her. Her back was bloody and bruised. She promised herself that she will never disobey him again, not for the fear of getting hurt but for the fear of her disobedience hurting someone she may get close to.

To be continued.

Thank you for reading.

Love From Rivalry - A Lesbian Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें