Hands Touch, Eyes Meet

A cloaked eleven year old ran around the train station. She was lugging a trunk that was about as big as her.

As she continued to search for platform nine and three quarters, a black cat meowed from inside the the black carrier she held in her other hand.

"Excuse me, sir," She said, trying to get a worker's attention.

The man turned to look at the small eleven year old. The man was very tall, and practically loomed over her.

"Where is platform nine and three quarters?" She asked, waiting anxiously for his response.

The man gave a confused look. He stared down at the girl, shuffling his large feet a bit.

"Well, there's no such thing." The man said in a deep voice.

He then patted the girl on her hooded head before giving her an awkward smile and walking off.

She stood there and watched the man leave. Once he was out of ear shot, she huffed in annoyance.

Moments later, two boys with trolleys full of luggage came barreling towards her. She froze a bit in surprise.

For one, the two older boys were coming towards her with trolleys. And for another, they were seemingly identical.

"Fred! George!" A woman yelled.

She flicked her wand and the two boys froze in place. The woman then ran up to the small girl.

"Are you alright, dear?" The woman asked breathlessly.

She flicked her wand quickly, unfreezing the two boys.

The girl stood there for a moment. She set down her luggage, shaking her tired arms.

The woman scolded the two boys before turning back to the girl, "Are you lost?" she asked.

The small girl straightened her posture before speaking.

"I'm looking for platform nine and three quarters." She said.

The woman gave an understanding nod. The two boys walked over, standing on each side of the woman.

"First time going to Hogwarts?" The two boys asked in unison.

"Yes," The girl said, relieved to meet someone who was on the same page.

"I'm Fred!" Fred said, reaching out his hand to shake hers.

"And I'm George!" George said, reaching his hand out to shake her free one.

They both looked at each other.

"Weasley!" They said, once again in unison, pulling their hands away, "and you are?"

"Elphaba Thropp." Elphaba said, pushing her glasses back up her nose with a gloved hand.

The twins smiled at her.

"Alright, your brothers have already gone through!" Mrs. Weasley said, putting a hand on each of their backs.

The two hugged their mother, getting a kiss on the cheek each. Elphaba picked her luggage back up-reluctantly, I might add.

"Come on, Elphaba!" They said in unison.

They locked arms with her on either side, pushing their trolleys.