VII

Chapter 7

I already expected a super hyper and curious Sunny as I walk towards the classroom. I can see her in my mind waiting for me by the railings outside and widening her eyes as soon as it landed on me.

Then she'll catch me and hold my wrist as if I was going to run away. "Totoo ba na inaway mo si Tim kahapon?" She will ask that question but deep inside she already knew the answer.

A gasp came out of the girl in front of me. She used both her hands to cover her open mouth and there I saw a pinkish mark on my wrist. Her hot palms surely gripped it quite tight.

"Totoo nga?"

I looked down and just went on.

Yes, that Sunny did exactly what I expected her to do. And I don't feel any anger or disappointment on her. She's always like that-showing people what she really think without contemplating.

Paniguradong mamaya oobserbahan ako niyan mula sa malayo.

Pumasok ako nang walang imik. Pagkababa ko ng bag ko ay kinuha ko ang libro at nagbasa. Lumapit naman sina Trina at Ever.

"Nagkuwento si Sunny kanina. Nagchat daw si Yan sa kanya na pinuntahan mo daw mag-isa si Tim kahapon. Sabi mo raw kinuha ni Tim yung calculator mo?" Trina asked that with a careful tone.

I nodded.

Wala akong dapat ideny. Ginawa ko naman talaga iyon. But still, I can feel guilt creeping like parasites on my nerves. Hindi tama ang ginawa ko.

I mean, I was never like that; impulsive. Hindi ako basta-basta nambibintang.

What's happening with me?

"Hala, bakit?" Medyo malakas ang boses ni Trina na maski siya ay ikinagulat iyon. Her, repeating the question in a much calmer question made me smile. They're being very careful. Akala mo mababasagin ako.

I opened my mouth and I can see how nervous they are. Maging si Sunny ay mukhang nag-aabang na basahin sa labi ko ang magiging sagot ko.

"Hindi ko alam."

And they all sighed. Confusion stained their faces. Halata sa kanila na gusto nila ng mas maayos na sagot.

Pero anong sasabihin ko? Maski ako ay hindi ko alam kung paano ipapaliwanag ang ginawa ko. Compulsiveness?

Pero hindi ako ganoong klase ng tao. I usually make an elaborate plan before doing anything. I always make sure that I have highlighted all the possible outcomes of everything I would do.

But yesterday? That, that was not in the plan.

I... I really don't know what happened.

My head started to ache. This is stressing me for real.

And I was really thankful that the bell rung just before they start pestering me again. May swerte pa din naman pala akong natitira ngayon.

I was able to focus on the lesson at hand, but the stares, they kept lingering. I can feel them scratching every piece of my skin, asking for attention.

If only they can grow claws, maybe they would've slit my veins. Ganun sila kauhaw.

But hindi na nakakapanibago.

Especially with the radiant girl, she surely is a massive headache. She would be restless not knowing what really happened.

At parang kahit gusto ko maenjoy ang view na nagpapanic siya ay hindi ko magagawa. Ako kasi ang mapagbubuntunan ng kabaliwan niya.