"I won't say I'm in love"

(Hercules inspired)

The prison was coming along nicely with the people of Woodbury here. Daryl was sure kept busy and so was y/n. It was like they never had a moment alone together anymore. The two were best friends and would do everything together normally but they had different responsibilities now Daryl would lead the runs and hunt for food while y/n helped carol and the other women out. To say they both had a crush on each other would be an understatement, the two were practically in love! And it seemed that everyone knew that except them, So Carol, Sasha, Michonne, and Maggie all came up with a way to give them a little nudge.

Y/n was watching Daryl work on his crossbow as he always did, he either doesn't notice the stare, or he chose to ignore it. Carol who was talking to y/n follows her eyes to see what has her so entranced. " You should go to him, see if he wants to hang out its been a while since I've seen you guys hand out like you used to," Carol says "Oh no I couldn't we still have so much to do and I'm sure Rick has given Daryl a handful to work with too," Says y/n "Nonsense go I'll cover you don't worry" Carol winks at y/n. y/n nods her head in agreement "Okay thank you!" y/n makes her way to Daryl. "Hey, Daryl, why don't we go hunting like we used to? I missed it" y/n suggested "ya know I'd love to Darlin but rick got me tryin to prepare for a run later n' you know how he gets 'bout that kinda thing" He replies with his head down to hide his blushing face "Ah Rick smick, come on Carol will cover for us, we just leave from the back of the prison, we jump the fence and bam we're gone," y/n says as she pulls Daryl by his vest away from people. As she does this Daryl can hide the smirk on his face Alright let's play sunshine He thinks to himself. The pair have such a wonderful time "hunting" they walk back to the prison luaghing "Thats not the best part tho, though He really tried to cover up the scratch on the car with nail polish!" y/n tells Daryl " the hell was he thinking" Daryl ask with a laugh. As they both approach the prison, they turn to face each other after their chuckles have dissipated "Thank you for doing this with me I've missed this, I've missed you" y/n smiles to Daryl "It ain't nothin, if 'm bein honest I've missed you too. Since all this shit happened it hasn't been the same so this was nice" Daryl and y/n lock eyes for a moment, "I've always loved your eyes, Dixon, they remind me of a clear ocean" Daryl grunts and tries to hide his blush but y/n has already seen it." I've always like 'er hair" He brushes a piece of hair from y/n face "it soft n' smells like lilies n lilacs" The two still looking at each other start to lean into one another ready for a kiss but they are pulled apart by a voice "Daryl there you are I've looked everywhere for you! Come on we need to go on this run now before it gets too late!!" Screams Rick "Oops sorry didn't mean to get you in trouble," y/n says with a wince, Daryl shakes his head "Nah he'll get over it" Daryl then picks up a white lily from the ground and gives it to y/n, giving her a kiss on the cheek as he leaves to join Rick. y/n with wide eyes goes over to a table in the courtyard. " she looks at the lily and scoffs thinking there is no way he feels the same way about her. "Ugh what's the matter with me, you think a girl would learn," She says as she gets up and walks to one of the water jugs.

" If there's a prize for rotten judgment,

I guess I've already won that

No man is worth the aggravation, That's ancient history, been there, done that" and with that, she throws the lily behind her back. Not knowing Carol caught the flower and brought some friends (Maggie, Sasha, Michonne) along to help. They all line up near y/n

"Who d'you think you're kidding

He's the earth and heaven to you

Try to keep it hidden,

Honey we can see right through you

Girl you can't conceal it

We know how you're feeling

Who you thinking of.." Carol brings the flower back to y/n but she is ignored. y/n walks away

"No chance no way I won't say it, no no

(You swoon you sigh why to deny it oh oh) the quartette of females shake their fingers and heads at y/n

It's too cliche I won't say I'm in love (shoo do shoo do ooo...) The girls all shrug their shoulders at each other as to say what could they do

I thought my heart had learned its lesson y/n walks around to see all the couples

It feels so good when you start out

My head is screaming "Get a grip girl (Ahhhh!) The Quartette tries to get even closer to y/n but as if sensing their presence y/n turns around quickly but the other quickly acts natural

Unless you're dying to cry your heart out oh..."

("Girl you can't deny it

Who you are is how you're feeling

Baby we're not buying

Hon we saw you hit the ceiling

Face it like a grown-up

When you gonna own up that you got got got it bad") The group of ladies stand on a table and do jazz hands in a circle

"No chance no way I won't say it, no no" Y/n spots Daryl leaving on his motorcycle with his winged vest on and smiles with a dreamy look in her eyes

(Give up, give in, check the grin you're in love) Michonne goes up to y/n and gives her a nudge

This scene won't play I won't say I'm in love Y/n quickly catches herself and walks away with her head in her hands

(We'll do it until you admit you're in love)

You're way off base (Shoo-do, shoo-do)

I won't say it (She won't say it, no) The quartette shakes their heads in disbelief

Get off my case (Shoo-do, shoo-do)

I won't say it y/n flicks her hand back as to say leave me be.

"Girl, don't be proud

It's okay, you're in love" Sasha walks over to the table y/n was heading to, and just as she was about to put her hand on the seat to sit Sasha put the flower right under her hand.

"Oh

At least, out loud

I won't say I'm in love..."

Y/n touches the flower and puts it's to her heart she lays down on the bench

"Shoo-do, shoo-do, shoo-do, shoo-do

Sha-la-la-la-la-la, ah"

The Quartette look on at y/n from another table with their head prompt up in their hands.